Summer 2021 in Hawaii

Old May 15, 2020, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
It will be quite a while, probably beyond your planned travel.

Never consider lounge access as a selling point, as many U.S. lounges are below standard, i.e. no decent food and you have to pay for alcohol.
The dates that I want should be available at beginning of August, fingers crossed they have 4 club world seats redemption to SFO or SJC!

I thought the new SFO lounge meant to be good. Anyway, I’m not expecting amazing food/ drinks at the lounge, it just easier to manage two young children when it’s in a confined space. But if it turns out to be as good as The Pier at HKG, then that’s a bonus!!
Old May 15, 2020, 2:44 am

Never consider lounge access as a selling point, as many U.S. lounges are below standard, i.e. no decent food and you have to pay for alcohol.
You forgot to add "I" at the beginning of this sentence because, although you clearly don't place any value on the U.S. lounges, it seems some people do - and when you're traveling from one U.S. city to another on a U.S. carrier in a paid First Class seat it's something to consider...

Last edited by AS Flyer; May 15, 2020 at 11:04 am
Old May 15, 2020, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Alaska Lounges charge for alcohol?
Old May 15, 2020, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Alaska Lounges charge for alcohol?
The well is free. The top shelf (which is really middle shelf) is pay.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Way too soon to be thinking about 2021. Heck, I have a hotel reservation in OGG for October 2020 and will not book any flights until the later of early September or when visitor quarantine rules sunset, because the situation is just too fluid and with low air travel demand right now there is not much incentive to book early.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.