Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

ANC Briefly Closed to Inbound Flights Due to Bomb Report on Cargo Flight (5/2/2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANC Briefly Closed to Inbound Flights Due to Bomb Report on Cargo Flight (5/2/2020)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/anch...-cargo-flight/
Old May 2, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I saw yesterday that ANC is now the world's busiest airport, due to the drop in passenger traffic through other airports. Most traffic through ANC is freight between Asia and North America.
Old May 2, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Thankfully it turned out to be nothing.

But, what a day to be in Fairbanks. FAI wound up with an IL76 and the Antonov 225 (largest aircraft in the world) on the ramp at the same time due to ANC being briefly closed. Hopefully somebody got some pictures.
Old May 2, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Also looks like AS73 (SIT-JNU-ANC) went to ENA. I didn’t see any other AS diversions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.