Retirement Flight

Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: Alaska air
Farewell and Thanks.

As a lifelong resident of AK since 1966 I have flown more than 1000 flights on AS and they are still my favorite in ANC despite DL, JB, AA and UA now being here. The scariest airport for me to fly into as a passenger was Ketchikan especially when it was windy and foggy. Used to fly into Yakutat on the 737 combo, monthly. Called it the “milk run”. I remember going back home to JNU one time and we touched down only to go right back up due to visibility. Ended up in SEA that night. Enjoy your retirement.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, BONVoY LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by xliioper
DTW Westin is in the DL terminal, so in the wrong terminal for AS flights (and I doubt any airlines splurge on it for their crew). Unfortunately, not much to do or see along hotel row on Merriman Rd. in Romulus. The international airlines would sometimes use hotels further away from the airport due to longer layovers. When BA flew to DTW, they used to put crew in a downtown Ann Arbor hotel many years ago. VS used the Aloft at David Whitney in downtown Detroit. LH uses The Henry in Dearborn.
I like the DTW Westin and have seen Delta flight crews there. Its the ONLY decent hotel near the airport. LOL Plus there are zero good restaurants near DTW.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ELGOLFMAN
I like the DTW Westin and have seen Delta flight crews there. Its the ONLY decent hotel near the airport. LOL Plus there are zero good restaurants near DTW.
I used to like the Sheraton a lot but I think it has changed hands. There is a pretty good Middle Eastern place near there.

-J.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by ELGOLFMAN
This is literally the understatement of the year - it's one of the ONLY decent hotels near DTW and there are no good restaurants. I've stayed at the Sheraton mentioned up there ☝🏻 and it's decent - in the midst of a renovation. Nothing around though - unless you're down for Big Boy restaurant or McDonalds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.