Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Social Distance Seat Blocking (Through 1/6/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Social Distance Seat Blocking (Through 1/6/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2021, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm wondering if AS would ever consider a PDC (Pre-departure Cookie) service? Maybe oatmeal raisin to begin with and chocolate chip later in the flight....On a more serious note, I would gladly trade my breakfast wrap for a bagel and cream cheese or warmed cinnamon roll...back in my UA days, I always loved the cinnamon rolls they served on breakfast flights.
I also wish AS would serve a bagel with cream cheese instead of the dreaded breakfast wrap.

Regarding the cinnamon rolls, UA only started serving them after the merger with CO which always had these.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by professortim
I was told that Alaska air is selling all seats in first class and coach except the middle seats in premium.
either selling or filling with upgrades ... AS2 (SEA-DCA) on Sun 14 Mar went out 12/12; both 1C and 1D were showing available on the seat map ~T-24
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jrl767
either selling or filling with upgrades ... AS2 (SEA-DCA) on Sun 14 Mar went out 12/12; both 1C and 1D were showing available on the seat map ~T-24
I flew SEA-ANC on Feb. 26. My chosen seat was 2D. At boarding I was told that I had been moved to 1D to accommodate a couple that were traveling with a cat. They need row 2 so they could put the cat carrier under the seat in front of them. 1C was also taken. This was on a 737 with 16 seats up front.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by BOB W
I flew SEA-ANC on Feb. 26. My chosen seat was 2D. At boarding I was told that I had been moved to 1D to accommodate a couple that were traveling with a cat. They need row 2 so they could put the cat carrier under the seat in front of them. 1C was also taken. This was on a 737 with 16 seats up front.
Uh, yeah, that would have been a hard no from me. If you’re okay with a bulkhead, great, but I’m not and I’m not moving to one to accommodate a cat...
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:32 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Uh, yeah, that would have been a hard no from me. If you’re okay with a bulkhead, great, but I’m not and I’m not moving to one to accommodate a cat...
I generally dislike row 1, but this flight had plenty of legroom. The FA made sure I had anything I wanted and even sent a note to AS asking them to do something more for me. AS put 2500 miles into my account without me even asking. The cat was quiet, so the flight was fine.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by BOB W
I generally dislike row 1, but this flight had plenty of legroom. The FA made sure I had anything I wanted and even sent a note to AS asking them to do something more for me. AS put 2500 miles into my account without me even asking. The cat was quiet, so the flight was fine.
That is great to hear!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Looking forward to returning to my favorite seat on the Q400 later this week....1A. I noticed they are blocking 1B....not sure if that's a hard block or soft block that can be assigned at the gate, but if it's a hard block and I get two seats to myself, that makes this an even better seat choice. Are they still blocking 1C on the Airbus aircraft???
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Looking forward to returning to my favorite seat on the Q400 later this week....1A. I noticed jthey are blocking 1B....not sure if that's a hard block or soft block that can be assigned at the gate, but if it's a hard block and I get two seats to myself, that makes this an even better seat choice. Are they still blocking 1C on the Airbus aircraft???
Yes, 1C is a hard block on the Airbus.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anteater
My guess is that this will go away after May when PC middle seat blocking goes away, but maybe not?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by professortim
I was told that Alaska air is selling all seats in first class and coach except the middle seats in premium.
Seems like they are selling premium now too if it suits them. We had 9A/9C and 9D/9F TUS-SEA last night. Get on the plane and there is someone in our seats. Turns out they reassigned us to 9AB and 9EF. I was really unhappy. Fill the middle seats and let me decide what I want to do...don’t steal 2 aisle seats from me. FA was completely unaccommodating. They lost my bag on the way there and were completely incompetent in not returning it to me, so I guess I need to call. Dreading it.

Customer service was delightful (shoutout to Heidi and Karen in Seattle and Christina in Central Baggage). Brightened my day for sure!
Bellerina likes this.

Last edited by dayone; Apr 12, 2021 at 6:29 pm Reason: Consecutive posts.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by aces219
Seems like they are selling premium now too if it suits them. We had 9A/9C and 9D/9F TUS-SEA last night. Get on the plane and there is someone in our seats. Turns out they reassigned us to 9AB and 9EF. I was really unhappy. Fill the middle seats and let me decide what I want to do...don’t steal 2 aisle seats from me. FA was completely unaccommodating.
This would really get me angry....if this was going to happen, GA should have called you up to podium and informed you first. OR...
put you 4 together , ABC and D. And put the other two in E and F. Taking both aisle seats from your party was unacceptable, IMHO.
AS does say they can move your seat at any time, but with the PC promotion,( promising extra space), seems to sting more.
wondering if they were selling cheap upgrades or was flight really full?

Last edited by dayone; Apr 12, 2021 at 11:29 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
This would really get me angry....if this was going to happen, GA should have called you up to podium and informed you first. OR... put you 4 together , ABC and D. And put the other two in E and F. Taking both aisle seats from your party was unacceptable, IMHO.

AS does say they can move your seat at any time, but with the PC promotion,( promising extra space), seems to sting more.
wondering if they were selling cheap upgrades or was flight really full?
Without getting into "why" the middle seats were occupied, you have to look at how the reservation(s) was/were booked and if the other two passengers were "together" or not.

If 9A, 9C, 9D & 9F are all together on one PNR it would make sense to move 9F to 9B keeping the party together and accommodating the other 2 in 9E & 9F, especially if they are together on one PNR.

If 9A & 9C are on one PNR & 9D & 9F are on another, the GA doesn't know to keep all 4 together unless the PNRs are linked and it is noticed. In this case, it makes sence to move each isle passenger to the middle, keeping the "independent" parties of two together and accommodate the other passengers in the isle seats. It would accommodate both a party of two or two parties of one.

Gate agents are trying to accommodate "on the fly" with as little disruption as possible. It is kind of thankless since you can't always make everyone happy all of the time. The agent could have just as easily moved 9A to 9B and 9F to 9E and assigned the other two passengers the window seats. Some would be fine with retaining the isle while others will be upset losing the window. I don't envy the agents when these decisions need to be made.

James
Old Apr 24, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by anteater
On the flight from JFK to SFO now. No 1 on the upgrade list but could not get the upgrade due to 1C is blocked.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pigx5
On the flight from JFK to SFO now. No 1 on the upgrade list but could not get the upgrade due to 1C is blocked.
Major bummer...hopefully it gets unblocked soon...that's ridiculous at this point.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
not directly related to seat blocking, but TSA just announced (~1630EDT) they have extended the mask mandate thru 13 Sep
Bellerina likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.