Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Hot Off the Press! Status Extended Through December 31, 2021

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 14, 20, 5:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: notquiteaff
Wiki Link
Elite status extension
  • Your current status will be extended through December 31, 2021. Whatever status you have today, you’ll also have it next year.
  • That status will unlock even more benefits as we move closer to our oneworld® launch in summer 2021.*
  • For our MVP and MVP Gold members: look for additional opportunities in the coming months to earn more elite-qualifying miles in 2020 to boost your status in 2021.
  • For our MVP Gold 75K members: we’ll provide additional opportunities to earn your annual 50,000 bonus miles reward.
  • Any elite-qualifying miles earned between January 1 and April 30, 2020 will be rolled over to 2021 to give you a head start on earning status for 2022.
  • Members who started a status match challenge between December 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020 will have the challenge criteria waived, and your matched status will be extended through December 31, 2021.

Are you extending Lounge memberships?
  • Yes! All active members as of April 1, 2020 will be extended by six (6) months.

What about companion certificates?
  • All companion certificates set to expire in 2020 will be extended. You’ll now have until December 31, 2020 to purchase new travel through November 26, 2021.

When can I expect to see my status’ new 2021 expiration date?

• Your expiration date status should be updated by the end of June 2020.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 7, 20, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

https://blog.alaskaair.com/coronavir...ked-questions/
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Shouldn't that be January or February of 2022?
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Shouldn't that be January or February of 2022?
No. It is 12/31/21.

Will you be extending elite status?

Yes! Your current Mileage Plan status will be extended through December 31, 2021. That status will unlock even more benefits as we inch closer to our oneworld® launch in summer 2021.

Clear as day.
jerry a. laska and Seat 2A like this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

We have all been waiting for this news. I think it is important enough of a thread to leave it on it’s own. People may forget to look under the Covid thread.
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, One Pass, SPG, Marriot Rewards,Sky Miles, AMEX Miles
Companion fare expirations are also extended to year end.
excellent response by AS. Much gratitude.🛫🙏🏼
Flying for Fun likes this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
The other thread is a spek-you-lay-shun thread and can be locked now as we have something that requires none of that.
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past. (IAH, DEN, YKF)
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Also of note: they are rolling over all EQMs earned JAN 01 2020 - APR 30 2020 to the 2021 program year, so you'd be getting a headstart for the 2022 program year.
u2g0d, fotographer and chrisl137 like this.

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
It also mentions carrying over mileage earned this year to next and extending AL memberships by 6 months. Very good news.
eponymous_coward and beltphed like this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Diamond, former UA Plat, former AA Plat
The announcement and the blog post don't mention Gold Guest Upgrades.

Hard to tell if that was an oversight or if the 8 GGUs I earned in 2019 and that are set to expire end of 2020 will indeed expire end of 2020 or if they will be extended as well.

Not that *using* a GGU is easy or that rev mgmt will actually release GGU seats . . .
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt explorist, Alaska mvp, Marriott platinum, ihg spire
I started a status challenge in February but unable to make my flights so I get to keep the status through 2021! Thanks Alaska!
Audio27 likes this.

Last edited by wilma; Apr 7, 20 at 1:09 pm
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Very generous to those who were in the middle of a status challenge!

For me personally, I’m glad the EQM from the 50% bonus mileage runs I did in early March will carry over to next year (at least I assume it will).

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Apr 7, 20 at 1:32 pm Reason: Change May to March
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Thanks Alaska, I'm sticking with you!
ijkh and JacksonFlyer like this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Looks good. Only other thing I'd have liked to have seen is rolling over EQM for all of 2020, instead of just miles earned through the end of April 2020, since for a lot of people (myself included) that's going to make any EQM earned May 1-December 31 a waste given how much of the year is going to be shot as an EQM-earning opportunity. But that's a quibble and I may not care at all pending finding out what they announce for accelerated EQM earning/reduced EQM requirements this year.

[edit] Although I guess my "complaint" is really just, at the start of the year I booked a couple of F tickets for October partially with extra EQM earning in mind. I guess ultimately I just want to know whether it's worth keeping the F tickets from an EQM perspective, or rebooking them as economy tickets if they don't accelerate earnings/reduce requirements enough for me to hit MVPG this year even with the F ticket.

Last edited by Eurynom0s; Apr 7, 20 at 12:54 pm
Old Apr 7, 20, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s View Post
Looks good. Only other thing I'd have liked to have seen is rolling over EQM for all of 2020, instead of just miles earned through the end of April 2020, since for a lot of people (myself included) that's going to make any EQM earned May 1-December 31 a waste given how much of the year is going to be shot as an EQM-earning opportunity. But that's a quibble and I may not care at all pending finding out what they announce for accelerated EQM earning/reduced EQM requirements this year.
perhaps

For our MVP and MVP Gold members: look for additional opportunities in the coming months to earn more elite-qualifying miles in 2020 to boost your status in 2021.”

is going to address that.
JPat and chrisl137 like this.
Old Apr 7, 20, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
It also appears that starting on May 1 you can accumulate miles through dec 2021 for status in 2023

Search this Thread
Search Engine: