Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

State of Alaska 14-Day Mandatory Quarantine Ended June 5, 2020

State of Alaska 14-Day Mandatory Quarantine Ended June 5, 2020

Old Mar 23, 20, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Exclamation State of Alaska 14-Day Mandatory Quarantine Ended June 5, 2020

Press conference ongoing from State of Alaska.

To be evaluated by April 21, 2020.

​​​​​
​​​​​More to be updated later.

Impact to AS I'm sure will emerge...
Old Mar 23, 20, 8:34 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium
Well, that's all of their hubs and focus cities now, isn't it?

Anchorage
Seattle
Portland
SFO
LAX
San Diego
New York
Not sure if DCA is closed or not, but at this point... who cares?
Old Mar 23, 20, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life

State to require all travelers arriving in Alaska to self-quarantine as number of confirmed cases reaches 36

Moving to stall the spread of coronovirus in Alaska, state officials on Monday announced a new mandate requiring everyone entering the state from Outside to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Officials also disclosed the state now has 36 confirmed cases of COVID-19, four of which were confirmed to be community spread rather than originating elsewhere. That includes four new confirmed cases announced Monday — all adults living in Anchorage, and all travel-related.
Old Mar 24, 20, 1:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Got an email from Alaska Airlines two hours ago:

Originally Posted by Alaska Airlines
Alaska travel restrictions: What you need to know.

Our guests always come first, and that is especially true as the situation with COVID‑19 develops. We wanted to make you aware of an important change regarding your travel to and from the state of Alaska.

Effective March 25, 2020, the state of Alaska will require all arriving guests to self‑quarantine for 14 days, regardless of their perceived health until April 21, 2020. This mandatory self‑quarantine applies to both visitors and returning residents coming to Alaska arriving in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau and Ketchikan on Alaska Airlines.

If you aren’t able to comply with this quarantine, you will need to postpone your trip.

We’re waiving change and cancellation fees for travel through May 31, 2020. • If you booked at alaskaair.com, you can make changes to your trip online. • If you booked through an online travel agency, please contact them directly to make changes to your trip — our travel waivers will still apply.
The safety of our guests and our employees is our number one priority and we appreciate your understanding as we support Alaska’s effort to slow the spread of COVID‑19 in their community.
AS is keeping tabs on what is happening. And they are at least communicating requirements of various destinations/departure points as this evolves.
Old Mar 24, 20, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
All domestic travel will be shut down in a few days it seems.
Old Mar 24, 20, 3:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
Got an email from Alaska Airlines two hours ago:

AS is keeping tabs on what is happening. And they are at least communicating requirements of various destinations/departure points as this evolves.
I received the same email. I need to clarify if transiting ANC is an issue. My itinerary has me in ANC for 91 minutes on April 1st, landing from LAX & departing for PDX.

James
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:27 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
I received the same email. I need to clarify if transiting ANC is an issue. My itinerary has me in ANC for 91 minutes on April 1st, landing from LAX & departing for PDX.

James
What is so hard to understand about the orders to stay at home? Unless you are a doctor or in the national guard traveling on an emergency, stay home.
Old Mar 24, 20, 6:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
What is so hard to understand about the orders to stay at home? Unless you are a doctor or in the national guard traveling on an emergency, stay home.
I will, as soon as I get there.

James
mafan812 and bon mot like this.
Old Mar 24, 20, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
I will, as soon as I get there.

James
I’d suggest a more direct route to YLW than some wacky XXX-LAX-ANC-PDX-SEA-YLW routing (or whatever) that you probably picked for the EQM requalification reasons at the time; it seems VERY likely to get disrupted as service gets shut down and quarantines get imposed.

This isn’t a great time to stay away from home, unless you are fine with indefinitely staying where you are now. Airports like SIN and HKG are literally banning transit passengers as we speak. Rescue flights to get people out of countries shutting down borders are happening now. It’s not a great time to wait and see what will happen over a week from now. Hope your travels are safe, whatever you choose to do.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 24, 20 at 7:59 am
Old Mar 24, 20, 8:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K

James
Don’t do it. The least you can do is respect the wishes of the state of Alaska.
Old Mar 24, 20, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Although pretty much every post is going to go Off T, here's one to keep it (somewhat) On T.

The State of Alaska doesn't want you, and can't afford you. Not only can ten million little things go wrong on your travels, but face it, every one of us has likely come in contact with a CC (COVID-19 Carrier) somewhere in the past few weeks, and if you become symptomatic in your travels, not only are you going to be stuck wherever you are, but if you become critically symptomatic, you''re going to take a hospital bed and other critical medical services away from an Alaskan that needs it.

While there's probably no place safer than the inside of an aircraft right now (outside of your home), given all the sanitary measures, social distancing because of near-empty planes, excellent filtration systems, travel consists of a whole lot more than the inside of a plane.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:42 pm

Programs: AKmvp
The State of Alaska doesn't want you, and can't afford you. Not only can ten million little things go wrong on your travels, but face it, every one of us has likely come in contact with a CC (COVID-19 Carrier) somewhere in the past few weeks, and if you become symptomatic in your travels, not only are you going to be stuck wherever you are, but if you become critically symptomatic, you''re going to take a hospital bed and other critical medical services away from an Alaskan that needs it.

Last edited by AKBasqUkr; Mar 24, 20 at 4:44 pm Reason: clean up pertinent parts of quote, and add a plea to stay away.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:48 pm

Programs: AKmvp
May have screwed this up. Just wanted to edit the quote to clarify my feelings. As of now Fairbanks only has 7 cases. I have no problem with anyone coming home if they will be socially responsible. Please be reasonable and don't inundate a health system that is limited and, so far, is holding its own due to community follow through to self- isolate.

Thank you.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 25, 20, 9:53 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by AKBasqUkr View Post
Flying for Fun...stay out of Alaska!!!!!! Visit another time. Coming here for a "'transit" is stupid!!!
Old Mar 25, 20, 10:49 pm

James
jinglish likes this.

Last edited by flytoeat; Mar 27, 20 at 8:01 pm Reason: My comment was not constructive, nor am I the moral authority. Cheers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: