Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Visit 3/20 - Sea N **New** protocol

Alaska Lounge Visit 3/20 - Sea N **New** protocol

Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Would you rather have more interaction with professionals who are washing their hands, using gloves where possible, and avoiding work when sick; or more interaction with the general population?
How DARE you refer to exclusive members and guests of the Alaska Lounge as the "general population." How DARE you. Shame!

Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Dirty looks or envious ones? For anyone who may still be out there in the network and is traveling in F or has an AL membership, I'd be doing the same right before I stopped at Starbucks or wherever for a big cup of ice.
Lady across the aisle asked her (assuming daughter) why I have food and they don't... the flight attendant told them I brought it on board. Gentleman behind me also asked where I got it. Apparently there were no Lounge members in F.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Lady across the aisle asked her (assuming daughter) why I have food and they don't... the flight attendant told them I brought it on board. Gentleman behind me also asked where I got it. Apparently there were no Lounge members in F.
And/or no paid F passengers in F. And/or no award F passengers in F. And/or no paid F passengers who knew there was lounge access included in F. And/or no F passengers and/or lounge members who cared to and/or had time to visit the lounge.

So many permutations. So little time!
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Since the alcohol, except wine, are is single shot bottles, what is the logic of not putting the little bottles on our tray tables?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Or just give me the beer in the can... I'll open it and everything.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
Since the alcohol, except wine, are is single shot bottles, what is the logic of not putting the little bottles on our tray tables?
Hey, I'd accept a full bottle of wine
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
shame we now have to get lit in the Lounge, while they are still open...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Knowing what we know now....every one of those surfaces looks like a petrie dish for infection. Did they offer disposable gloves at the entry? That would be the only way I would step foot in a lounge at this point.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by david55
Knowing what we know now....every one of those surfaces looks like a petrie dish for infection. Did they offer disposable gloves at the entry? That would be the only way I would step foot in a lounge at this point.
The interesting things about gloves is that it protects your hands when doing some task; you still need to wash your hands before and after using gloves. The virus does not enter through the skin, but through mucous membranes (mouth, nose, etc.). I find it amusing watching people in the public have gloves on and still touch their face, wipe their nose and not understanding that they are putting themselves at risk. In every day life, washing your hands and keeping them off your face is just as efficacious as wearing a glove, unless you are performing some task.
DUT and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Or just give me the beer in the can... I'll open it and everything.
or a can of,the sparkling wine 😎
Old Mar 25, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
I find it amusing watching people in the public have gloves on and still touch their face, wipe their nose and not understanding that they are putting themselves at risk. In every day life, washing your hands and keeping them off your face is just as efficacious as wearing a glove, unless you are performing some task.
I find that wearing nitrile gloves helps remind me not to touch my face subconciously while I'm out at essential places like groceries. But yes, fully wash with soap & water after using them.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
How DARE you refer to exclusive members and guests of the Alaska Lounge as the "general population." How DARE you. Shame!
To paraphrase Groucho Marx: "I don't want to be a member of any club that would have someone like me as a member."
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
As of last night on https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ad...isories#lounge:

---
Lounge closures

In response to our flight schedule reductions and the unprecedented drop in passenger traffic, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close most of our Alaska lounge locations.

The D-concourse lounge at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) will remain open daily from 4:30 am - 10:00 pm (PT).

Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
So of all the lounges they decide to keep open, they pick the smallest, crappiest one?

N would have allowed so much more room to keep away from people.
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
So of all the lounges they decide to keep open, they pick the smallest, crappiest one?

N would have allowed so much more room to keep away from people.
I would not be surprised if all airport ops are consolidated and N isn't used at some upcoming point.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would not be surprised if all airport ops are consolidated and N isn't used at some upcoming point.
I'd bet money on it, much like they're doing at SFO by consolidating all Intl. into the G side and shutting down A.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.