Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What are you cancelling, what have you flown?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are you cancelling, what have you flown?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Finally got around to cancelling the rest of the stuff I booked up during the 50% EQM window... I knew I wasn't going to be able to fly any of it, but kept them for daydreaming for awhile - officially have an empty "My Trips" section now

Routing: SEA-PDX
Dates: 3/24
Notes: FC evening mileage run that was supposed to happen after a day in the office, dinner & drinks...

Routing: SEA-PDX
Dates: 4/1
Notes: Another FC evening mileage run

Routing: SEA-ANC-SEA
Dates: 4/3 - 4/5
Notes: Quick trip to visit a friend
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Finally got around to cancelling the rest of the stuff I booked up during the 50% EQM window... I knew I wasn't going to be able to fly any of it, but kept them for daydreaming for awhile - officially have an empty "My Trips" section now
I did the same with all mine yesterday, with the exception of two Hawaii itineraries.

I was planning to play chicken with AS on several, seeing if they cancelled such that I'd get refunds instead of wallet funds, but here's what happened on the first two:

A flight would get cancelled, I'd be notified of an itineary change, I'd have to call in to get put on another flight...and then another flight on the itinerary would get cancelled, I'd be notified of an itinerary change, I'd have to call in to get put on another flight...and then.... This happened twice for one scheduled trip, three times for another. AS won the game of chicken; totally not worth my time and aggravation to keep doing that with everything else going on.

Plus, a CS agent told me they're trying to maintain at least one flight per day each direction on all their routes. I took that to mean that as long as there was something the same or next day they could put me on, it'd never get to the point of my qualifying for a refund. But even if that's not the case, still not worth my time to keep going through that cycle.

The Hawaii trips are the ones I'm still holding out on. Not to take the trips, but for possible refunds. Maybe they'll have a better chance of that now.
JPat likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
I have only two trips set up.
We originally I had a OW in mid April to PHX out of PAE. We have now pushed that out to early June.
i have a KOA via SEA on the books in late May. Given the 30 day window for a two week ‘shelter in place’ that might be viable but I am not racing to book a room just yet.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
cancelled the first of my three $58.79 SEA-DEN-SEA turns, and got a schedule change for a half-price SEA-LAX-BWI-SEA MR (redeye turn) in mid Apr ... can't cancel or change that one on line since AS IT auto-rebooked me, so I'll just leave it in the "to-do" queue for a couple weeks
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It’s fun to look at waitlists and see who is still flying. One SEA-PDX flight had 10+ people showing as Dhd/- and Qxc/- each (Deadhead? / QX crew?) with many of them going into F.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Had schedule changes to my ngo flight. Finally got cleaned up on its own. Refunded miles into myaccount.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
If you have May/June travel booked, I’d recommend setting up Google flight alerts if you haven’t done so. I had a few trips that had a significant price drop today and I was able to go in and get the my wallet credit.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
...and I was able to go in and get the my wallet credit.
How is that done, the getting wallet credit after a price drop? I'm only aware of the 24-hour price match guarantee.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
How is that done, the getting wallet credit after a price drop? I'm only aware of the 24-hour price match guarantee.
Normally, unless you are MVPG or 75K, it's not done because the $125 change fee typically eats up any savings with the price drop but if you trip is before May 31st, you can cancel for free and rebook it at the lower price. I use to keep track of the prices for my trips until we hit the 60 day mark when they use to allow for free changes, but that went away some time ago unfortunately.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
If you have May/June travel booked, I’d recommend setting up Google flight alerts if you haven’t done so. I had a few trips that had a significant price drop today and I was able to go in and get the my wallet credit.
Won’t work after May 31 unless you’re MVPG+. “Pay $125 to save $19.80”. Thanks but I’ll pass...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Normally, unless you are MVPG or 75K, it's not done because the $125 change fee typically eats up any savings with the price drop but if you trip is before May 31st, you can cancel for free and rebook it at the lower price. I use to keep track of the prices for my trips until we hit the 60 day mark when they use to allow for free changes, but that went away some time ago unfortunately.
Ah, I see; makes sense. I do still have two trips on the books before May 31, but they're to OGG and LIH, and I'm angling for refunds on those. I was hoping there was some other new price guarantee I didn't know about. For future reference, of course.

Cheers!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Big route CX announced

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...avirus-crisis/
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Had schedule changes to my ngo flight. Finally got cleaned up on its own. Refunded miles into myaccount.
I am not sure there is enough bandwidth for all your flight cancellations..... Now, about DC?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was supposed to go to Juneau Easter Weekend. I was willing to take the risk but Alaska now has a quarantine in effect so that's cancelled.

I'm supposed to go to Fresno in June and I'm cautiously optimistic there but we'll see.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Cancelled 1 SEA-DEN run last weekend, 2 SEA-PDX runs for Tues/Weds and 1 SEA-TPA run for tonight/tomorrow morning. I at least hit MVP before the shutdown happened. If we don't get thrown a bone there is definitely going to be a lot of flying to do the second half of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.