Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Limited time: Get to elite status 50% faster!

Limited time: Get to elite status 50% faster!

Old Mar 25, 20, 12:46 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
Promo helped get me to 19.23k miles as of 3/17, just as all all hell started to break loose.

Going to stay put for now, hope things calm sufficiently for a biz trip SAN-HNL, originally scheduled for May 19.
Honolulu will be under quarantine through 5/20 for arriving passengers, unless you have an exemption. You may not be able to conduct your business during the trip.

Keep an eye out!
innerspace likes this.
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
Promo helped get me to 19.23k miles as of 3/17, just as all all hell started to break loose.
Unfortunately all my plan to take advantage of the promo was 3/18 and later - so I didn't manage to get a single flight in the bonus before realizing I had to cancel everything

Here's hoping there's more promos when we're back to "normal".
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nearlysober View Post
Unfortunately all my plan to take advantage of the promo was 3/18 and later - so I didn't manage to get a single flight in the bonus before realizing I had to cancel everything

Here's hoping there's more promos when we're back to "normal".
I'm almost certain there will be more promos in our future....and the promos could potentially be better than the 50% EQM promo so that's a potential silver lining. The last time I moved from MVP to MVPG was due to the DEQM promotion for the SEA-DTW route a number of years ago...a system-wide DEQM promo seems like a very possible promo once things settle down.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:34 pm

In talking to some CSA's over the past few days they've indicated that they realize many people haven't been able to fly and that their statuses will be affected, and that there's a plan in the works to address that, which will probably be announced in the next month or so. They didn't have any more information beyond that, but from my discussions it definitely seems they will be doing some sort of promotion in the coming future.
innerspace likes this.
Old Mar 25, 20, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hpmh View Post
In talking to some CSA's over the past few days they've indicated that they realize many people haven't been able to fly and that their statuses will be affected, and that there's a plan in the works to address that, which will probably be announced in the next month or so. They didn't have any more information beyond that, but from my discussions it definitely seems they will be doing some sort of promotion in the coming future.
Different but related business: Hilton announced across the board status extensions today. My guess is that they won't be the only ones.
Old Mar 25, 20, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
The last time I moved from MVP to MVPG was due to the DEQM promotion for the SEA-DTW route a number of years ago
2014 - that was my first year hitting Gold too. They actually had some DEQM offers earlier in that year, I did a few runs that year
Old Mar 26, 20, 8:47 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
In talking to some CSA's over the past few days they've indicated that they realize many people haven't been able to fly and that their statuses will be affected, and that there's a plan in the works to address that, which will probably be announced in the next month or so.
They're probably more worried about keeping the airline solvent at the moment--of course, the US Govt will take care of that, and unlike the auto industry in 2009, nobody is complaining about this bailout, but I digress.

Once we get through this thing, they'll do something to get butts in seats. If anyone is bored, go take a drive through an airport. I drove through PHX the other day and it looked like 3a on a Sunday. I was the only car on the main roadway. Planes and rental cars are parked on every inch of available pavement.
Old Mar 26, 20, 9:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by tusphotog View Post
If anyone is bored, go take a drive through an airport. I drove through PHX the other day and it looked like 3a on a Sunday. I was the only car on the main roadway. Planes and rental cars are parked on every inch of available pavement.
Some pics from the official LAX twitter account if you don't want to leave the house:
Don't think I've ever seen it this dead.
Old Mar 26, 20, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I certainly hope that part of that will include an extension of Wallet fund expiration dates. WN has already done that (to June 2021, I think). Many of us may find our funds expiring before we can use them.
Old Mar 26, 20, 11:56 am

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nearlysober View Post
2014 - that was my first year hitting Gold too. They actually had some DEQM offers earlier in that year, I did a few runs that year
Yep, I did a PDX-SLC run for DEQM as well that year.
Old Mar 26, 20, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, exiled from AA (2.7MM)
Originally Posted by hockey7711 View Post
It would be nice if they extended this offer! The whole state of California is on lockdown now.
Looks like youre getting your wish. The link to register for the promo is at the bottom of the homepage, and now it applies through 31May.
Old Mar 27, 20, 3:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ACBLtd View Post
Looks like youre getting your wish. The link to register for the promo is at the bottom of the homepage, and now it applies through 31May.
...fingers crossed I can go on the re-inaugural of the ANC-SFO... or any of my other trips after that... I know marginal odds

Not that I need an EQM boost
Old Mar 30, 20, 10:27 pm

That extension through May 31st was done pretty quietly... only found out about it due to the forums here.
I think we will still be feeling the effects of social distancing during late May, but maybe we'll be past the highest risk of the spike to the healthcare system where its acceptable to be taking leisure/non-essential flights again.

Probably not, but might as well book some speculative flights for late May with my wallet balance
GW McLintock and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 2, 20, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Is anybody considering booking flights for this promo? Im looking at doing some runs in late May. Really wanna hit 75k again and have $600 in my travel bank Im itching to spend haha
Old Apr 2, 20, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008 View Post
Is anybody considering booking flights for this promo? I’m looking at doing some runs in late May. Really wanna hit 75k again and have $600 in my travel bank I’m itching to spend haha
I have a trip in early June that I no longer need to take; while I can't make any changes to it [yet], I'm planning on doing something towards the end of May. Ideally it will get extended through sometime in June so I could go on a trip the first week of that month.

-J.

Search this Thread