Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

If you're willing to take a chance......GREAT Deals on flights right now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:15 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just got an email about a new promotion .....$99 fares to Hawaii, Florida and NY. Everything else on sale as well. It must be really tough right now for the airlines.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Flew SEA-JFK today and about a quarter of F was available for U space at the gate which is super rare. Flying Saturday JFK-SFO and three days out only four F seats are full.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Just flew ATL-SEA today and the plane was jam packed. Apparently an equipment change. Ugh.

Pretty empty on the way down. I paid $150 to upfare to F but really didn’t need to on the outbound leg.

Would have paid $250 on the return but wasn’t an option.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Yeah, debating some PDX-HNL runs....
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Flew SEA-JFK today and about a quarter of F was available for U space at the gate which is super rare. Flying Saturday JFK-SFO and three days out only four F seats are full.
Good to know, this makes me feel better about upgrade odds on some upcoming SFO-JFK, they were still selling R fares when I booked and an upfare was pretty pricey.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:49 pm

Already booked the first PDX-OGG run. Probably going to add a couple more. EQMs came out to 5cpm and RDMs at 2.1cpm. The only downside to the Hawaii runs are the -800s, which make upgrades a little tougher.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
SEA-PDX is just $20 one-way or $40 round-trip, making for not just a cheap, but super-fast 1000 EQM MR. You probably won't even be in the air for an hour total.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I couldn't believe how empty PDX was. The real test will be in a few weeks during spring break. I'm digging the fare sales for now, though!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by david55
Just got an email about a new promotion .....$99 fares to Hawaii, Florida and NY. Everything else on sale as well. It must be really tough right now for the airlines.
‘Take a chance’ on what?

Im flying every 5-6 days for the next 6 months solid.
Every continent, 30+ countries, all over.

It has not crossed my mind once, in Tokyo, Taipei, Portland or anywhere in the last 2 months to change anything.

Too bad all my travel has been booked, as it looks like prices are cratering. But, I guess that humans will look back at this as one of the greatest ‘The Sky Is Falling’ moments in human history.

It’s too bad, as the next virus that rolls around could actually be serious, and after this one... a lot less people will believe the media or WHO or anyone in the medical community or the news profiting off scaring everyone.

*shrug*

PDX-SFO-SYD on Sunday
then off to Asia!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:45 am

My company isn't doing travel. have a half dozen discretionary trips in mind, planning around school schedules, and nothing of interest approached a 'sale'. I guess that's not surprising, but hope Alaska can find enough people to fill in the gap....
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:48 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX
‘Take a chance’ on what?

Im flying every 5-6 days for the next 6 months solid.
Every continent, 30+ countries, all over.

It has not crossed my mind once, in Tokyo, Taipei, Portland or anywhere in the last 2 months to change anything.

Too bad all my travel has been booked, as it looks like prices are cratering. But, I guess that humans will look back at this as one of the greatest ‘The Sky Is Falling’ moments in human history.

It’s too bad, as the next virus that rolls around could actually be serious, and after this one... a lot less people will believe the media or WHO or anyone in the medical community or the news profiting off scaring everyone.

*shrug*

PDX-SFO-SYD on Sunday
then off to Asia!
That's one approach.
Good Luck.
Stay Healthy.
I am not taking a chance.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Delta obviously thinks the crisis will be over by December as they still want over $4,000 for first class BNA - CUN. LOL

Even economy is more expensive than AA first class at $1100.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Delta obviously thinks the crisis will be over by December as they still want over $4,000 for first class BNA - CUN. LOL

Even economy is more expensive than AA first class at $1100.
The airlines will have to make up for their losses in the first half of the year by overcharging in the 2nd half if this is over by then. They would be foolish to offer big discounts for travel months from now and end up losing money the whole year rather than only half. If it continues into the summer, then they will cut capacity in the fall or have to offer steep discounts to get people back on the planes.
Boraxo and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVPG 75K, National Executive Elite
Considering some SEA - PDX runs with this - under $40 if I book Saver fares and RDM's at 1.5 cpm
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:28 pm

Just boarded 131 PDX-ANC. There’s enough disinfectant in the air to kill a small rodent.

Packed full flight, by the way.
philemer and innerspace like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.