FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines Corona Virus Money Maker (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2011394-alaska-airlines-corona-virus-money-maker.html)

AKOK Mar 3, 2020 8:10 pm

Alaska Airlines Corona Virus Money Maker

I hate ASA. Here’s why: I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars, been long term gold75, now just lowly mvp and not on the competitive long haul routes but on the SEAK “got us by the short hairs” money makers. I have put up with their delays, surely flight attendants, lost baggage, ruined baggage, dirty seats, trays and greasy windows since 1995.

Now move forward to 2020. Wife is ill With respiratory problems so have to make a change on an upcoming flight. All I’m asking for is to fill empty seats on a Saturday ( low passenger count day). With change fees, and fare up charge the cost is nearly double the original ticket.

They brag on their website about proactive steps to prevent Corona virus but at the same time FORCE passengers to fly sick.

If ASA had to fly in Eastern high traffic, crabby people locations like Delta , they would never get their JD Powers crap awards

WestCoastPDX Mar 3, 2020 8:18 pm

Quite the rant. You’re mad about having to pay a change fee it seems.

It sounds like you’ve flown a lot before. Did you not know airlines charge change fees?

Or, do you just think you’re unique and shouldn’t have to pay it? And because Alaska didn’t give you a deal, they’re a ‘bad airline?’

There are a lot of legit reasons people don’t like AS.

I’m not sure them not breaking their normal policy - for you and you alone - is one of them though.

Mwenenzi Mar 3, 2020 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by AKOK (Post 32139025)
Now move forward to 2020. Wife is ill With respiratory problems so have to make a change on an upcoming flight. All I’m asking for is to fill empty seats on a Saturday ( low passenger count day). With change fees, and fare up charge the cost is nearly double the original ticket.

They brag on their website about proactive steps to prevent Corona virus but at the same time FORCE passengers to fly sick.

How is AS forcing you & wife to fly on the flight you booked? A Colt 45 or a baseball bat?
You, and you alone, choose to fly or choose not to fly. AS could not care less.
Depending on the ticket t&c's changing a flight can have a cost. Nothing new in that. The cost is not dependant on status you had some time ago or a disease in China.

Nothing stopping you flying another airline, if your wife's health is OK. Please do not fly if she is unwell.

Bretmd Mar 3, 2020 9:10 pm

I’m confused by the title. What does the corona virus have to do with this?

dayone Mar 3, 2020 10:23 pm

Moderator Note: Whether this thread is about COVID-19, change fees or a general dissatisfaction with AS, there are other threads for those discussions. Time to close.

dayone, AS Moderator.