FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Flyguy85
Here's SFO-AUS this Saturday
Has anyone had that cold sunrise breakfast sandwich? Doesn't sound that great
Old Sep 14, 2020, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I've never had this breakfast sandwich....it all sounds good with the exception of the baby arugula (aka, dandelion leaves) which I assume I could remove. When ordering a breakfast sandwich at virtually any restaurant, it is always served warm and since they have the ovens to warm up the pre-packaged cookies, I'm not sure why that wouldn't work with breakfast sandwich. Throw some type of egg, breakfast meat, and maybe Tillamook cheddar in a croissant and heat it up in the oven before serving
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rune87
Have we gotten coffee back on the plane yet? First flight back in a while so waiting to see what I walk into. I always have a big ... water bottle, but otherwise I assume for a trans con...pack lunch? Sounds like the only booze is beer currently. Correct?
Coffee is back up front, with refills and everything - I don't know about in back. You need to read this thread from back to front, and maybe it's time for a wiki so people don't have to wade through to get the current state of things. In front I think it's up to two different kinds of beer, a mini bottle of wine, coke, diet coke, maybe seltzer (they have that in back), coffee, maybe more. Food has progressed from nothing (maybe a little chocolate bar) to snack basket snacks, through the old snack boxes, a few weeks of F&C plate, and starting wednesday there will be a wrap on afternoon and early evening flights and a cold sunrise breakfast sandwich on morning flights.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS

As noted, the addition Of cold breakfast Sandwich in a.m. and burrito style wrap in p.m.
Carfield and chrisl137 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As long as the "no meal" option isn't the default, the buritto looks pretty good.

James
agreed , now wish I had p.m. flight. Next one is early a.m.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I've never had this breakfast sandwich....it all sounds good with the exception of the baby arugula (aka, dandelion leaves) which I assume I could remove. When ordering a breakfast sandwich at virtually any restaurant, it is always served warm and since they have the ovens to warm up the pre-packaged cookies, I'm not sure why that wouldn't work with breakfast sandwich. Throw some type of egg, breakfast meat, and maybe Tillamook cheddar in a croissant and heat it up in the oven before serving
I'll take your arugula and you can have the mayo from my sandwiches.

IIRC, I did have it once on a flight pre-apocalypse and the texture was kind of unappealing.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Have we gotten coffee back on the plane yet? First flight back in a while so waiting to see what I walk into. I always have a big ... water bottle, but otherwise I assume for a trans con...pack lunch? Sounds like the only booze is beer currently. Correct?
We do! You can expect it to be there on morning flights, while AFAIK on afternoon flights you shouldn't expected but it will sometimes be offered, I'm guessing its down to the FA, so I would recommend asking them anyways.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itripreport
We do! You can expect it to be there on morning flights, while AFAIK on afternoon flights you shouldn't expected but it will sometimes be offered, I'm guessing its down to the FA, so I would recommend asking them anyways.
I've had it brewed for me on request on multiple evening flights. They seem happy to do it, and one FA even poured me a refill, then decided it wasn't hot enough and came back with a fresh brewed replacement cup.
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
I had this as coach BOB in summer ‘19 and thought it was OK (definitely had the same name, not sure if the toppings were identical or just similar). Probably not something I’d order on the ground, however. The evening wrap sounds more appealing to my taste buds.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I'll take your arugula and you can have the mayo from my sandwiches.

IIRC, I did have it once on a flight pre-apocalypse and the texture was kind of unappealing.
I think we have a deal...I'm actually not big on mayo on my sandwiches, breakfast or otherwise but I would like to try it since it's avocado mayo and I love avocado on my sandwiches My guess (and hope) is that the mayo is in a packet on the side so it's probably something you can add. I guess we'll all know soon once people start ordering it.....I'm just waiting for the chocolate chip (not whatever is out there now) cookies to return before my next flight in October
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well now I might get a chance to try the wrap, thanks to the smoke cancellations. I'm a 4pm flight out of PDX tuesday, which in principle is after the restart, but I don't actually expect the smoke to be any better tuesday than it's been today. If they bump me to wednesday I'll order the wrap and report back.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
I'm assuming its the one that they serve for a fee in economy. Absolutely 100% horrible. There was no salvaging that disaster. My wife who loves stuff like this couldn't even finish hers.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'm assuming its the one that they serve for a fee in economy. Absolutely 100% horrible. There was no salvaging that disaster. My wife who loves stuff like this couldn't even finish hers.
She loves 100% horrible things? . Meanwhile, FA served coffee to those asking on SEA/OAK today. Both wines were decent enough ... Better than DL's little bottles. Tasty cookie after the F&C "platter" (notwithstanding the fact that I ordered an F&C plate). Water at seat when boarding. Lovely FA.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I have to say after flying AS in F with the new service changes, it over exceeded my expectations. Granted, this wasn't a TCON, but for a 2.5 hour flight was very solid, especially compared to my flights on AA where most of the time you get bubkes. After receiving the cheese plate, I thought this should hold me over until I land and get dinner. Then you get a warm cookie, pleasant surprise. Then a snack basket, where the FA said "Take as much as you want, no really", while not the healthiest selection, still had a good variety of items I would eat. Is it the 2019 meals? No, but for everything going on, and the wrap/sandwich offering going into effect today up front, it's good to see AS making some effort.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safari ari
I have to say after flying AS in F with the new service changes, it over exceeded my expectations. Granted, this wasn't a TCON, but for a 2.5 hour flight was very solid, especially compared to my flights on AA where most of the time you get bubkes. After receiving the cheese plate, I thought this should hold me over until I land and get dinner. Then you get a warm cookie, pleasant surprise. Then a snack basket, where the FA said "Take as much as you want, no really", while not the healthiest selection, still had a good variety of items I would eat. Is it the 2019 meals? No, but for everything going on, and the wrap/sandwich offering going into effect today up front, it's good to see AS making some effort.
Please tell me the chocolate chip cookie has returned....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.