Inflight Service Changes Due to COVID-19

Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by BOB W
My next flights are ANC-SEA-DEN on Sept. 14. ANC-SEA is a redeye, so I don't need or expect much. But, the SEA-DEN flight is a morning flight. When I checked to see if I could order the F & C plates (or a more morning friendly option), I get the message that preorder is not available....
The implementation of the pre-ordering still seems to be a little bit gimmicky. I wasn’t able to do it in the app until 7 days before departure for a flight this weekend. I have a flight on the 13th that is a pre-order flight where it is currently unavailable as well.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
Cookies look great but the fruit and cheese plate looks incredibly cheap
It's a nice change from what was nothing for a while, and then the standard snack boxes. It's maybe not appealing as a meal substitute if you're flying transcon, but for a 2 hour flight up the coast it's plenty, and it's decent quality food. My last one I saved and brought all the cheddar cheese for snacking on a short backpacking trip where I didn't want to carry a stove. A couple pieces of cheddar on tortillas at the end of a long day of hiking was very good.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I think it's a fantastic addition and I thank all the deities above that it's this and not the protein platter!

Things could be far worse. Just looking at a hard-boiled egg makes me gag.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Plated, it looks all gormay, but in it's native platter (yes, platter) it does look "cheap." But if it tastes the same, the glass is more than half full, even if the glass is plastic, or aluminum, as the case may be.

I expect the good folks flying some of DLs routes would gladly trade you their water and bits bag for the "incredibly cheap" humble AS offering.
I just think that at the very least, presentation in a premium cabin should be nicer than the same thing presented in coach.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I just think that at the very least, presentation in a premium cabin should be nicer than the same thing presented in coach.
Given that they aren't being served in coach now, your comment would appear to be a nawn sekwatoor.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
You can't get it in coach (right now) and when you can, it won't be complimentary. As for the presentation, if you aren't aware, the use of glassware/dinnerware is currently suspended (I don't think this is unique to AS) so I'm not sure how they'd improve the presentation.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I got a message from someone at the social media team that there is indeed snack (ie, fruit & cheese platter) service on this route and it appears to be a IT glitch, but since you're flying it this weekend, you'll be able to provide first-hand knowledge
Confirmed- SFO-AUS route gets the same as all the others 😀
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rtwise01
Confirmed- SFO-AUS route gets the same as all the others 😀
Thanks for the report! Was the cookie warm?
Old Sep 4, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Thanks for the report! Was the cookie warm?
I'm beginning to think this cookie is becoming a pretty central part of your life!

Regards
PDXPremier and NoLaGent like this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
I think they will start selling again in Y come October 1 - more and more evidence is that it isnt spread by contact......probably some level of F class meal service Dec 1
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Happy to see we can ask for a cup & ice now!

cookies were a treat on both flights.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
These cookies better be worth it when I begin flying again later this year. You guys are hyping it up!
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by mfolf
These cookies better be worth it when I begin flying again later this year. You guys are hyping it up!
"It doesn't take much these days"
atcanobbio, PDXPremier and pcoll like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Flew SEA-SJC on 9/2 on the last flight of the evening (7:30pm departure). F was only 50% full as nobody in F was travelling with anyone else and there was nobody on the upgrade list (I think the flight only had c.30 people total).

Lovely FA said F had been catered as if it was completely full. Tons of extra F&C plates and cookies. Since the plane wasn’t turning around until the morning, she was offering all the extra F&C and cookies to F passengers (and she said whatever was left on board would just be tossed as they would reacted in SJC). Lady behind me got a “goodie bag” of extra cookies (I think she got half a dozen). And multiple people walked off with extra F&C plates.

I ended up just having an extra cookie on board. My first cookie was served warm and was so hot it had mostly returned to a liquid state. For the second cookie I asked if I could get it unheated and found that much more enjoyable. No scalding mouth and it was still nice and soft. Pics attached of the two different cookies.

Heated cookie.

Non-heated cookie.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: AS
Thanks for the pics. Now I want a cookie!! Can almost smell the chocolate from the warm cookie pic.
PDXPremier likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.