Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates First vs Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Emirates First vs Business

We just booked two seats using Alaska miles to Athens from Portland and back. Going over in 777 business via EWR and coming back A380 First class via DXB/SFO. Business is 105k miles each way and first is 180k miles each way, per person. Is the 75k difference (X2) worth it or is the difference between the two classes incremental? We have a lot of miles in the account.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Oh yeah. There’s nothing like having a helping of caviar and then taking a shower ... while on the plane.
spamman808 and Waitlisted like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Oh yeah. There’s nothing like having a helping of caviar and then taking a shower ... while on the plane.
This.

If you have the mileage balance, First is a must, at least once. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for a lucky few.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
I just flew EK F yesterday. The indulgence was extreme. Do it.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Emirates business is meh.

Emirates first is amazing.

Just do first if you have the miles anyways.
Waitlisted, dayone and DiamondMile like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Two years later I still tell people about DXB-SFO in First.

Don’t think about it, book it.
Waitlisted and TEDisgone like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I still regret that I didn't bring the whole bottle of dom with me into the shower Yes I opened it at the self serve bar area
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:07 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
I still regret that I didn't bring the whole bottle of dom with me into the shower Yes I opened it at the self serve bar area
On one of my flights, I took the bottle of Paradis to my suite.
Waitlisted and MonThruThurs like this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
150% worth it.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's definitely worth doing at least once. I only took the shower the first time in F, the next couple of times I didn't bother. The dine on demand flexibility is nice esp. for an 8am departure ex-DXB. For two people in business the center seats are still really nice with a decent footwell. For one person it can be tough to get the window seats away from the aisle because they get booked up.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I do understand the hesitation; 150k miles is a lot and is more than enough for a r/t Europe business class ticket. But I'd totally do it if it's on an a380 with a shower, and I'd most likely do it even on a 777. ​​​​​

Also, devaluation is inevitable, and may be accelerated once they join OW.
​​​​
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Absolutely particularly if you can get F on the 380 with the shower....what an experience. A bath room larger than many in homes! Service that is impeccable! A seat that beats the business seat (probably one of the least comfortable IMHO) by 1000%. Do it at least once in your life even if you can't get on the 380....the 'suites" are the same, the service is the same...you just miss the shower. Frankly, I'll take BA biz over Emirates biz for comfort but Emirates F is amazing and makes BA look like a sad wanna be.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:23 pm

I have not done EK c but done their a380 F multiple times. I would not hesitate to splurge if you can afford it. Don't forget to allocate time for their lounge and dine there.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
No question it is worth the extra miles to get to fly F.
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS
If you have the miles, then absolutely do it. If you want to use less miles, then Business Class on a A380 is still really nice. It has the lounge at rear of plane with sofa, open bar and snacks available. You have a mini fridge with drinks at your seat. They come through and refill your fridge during flight. You will have access to business lounge in DXB. It is one of the largest lounges I have ever seen. Also, a once in a lifetime experience for lounges .

Last edited by pcoll; Feb 16, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.