FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   "New" F Seat on 737-700 Very Uncomfortable (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2009141-new-f-seat-737-700-very-uncomfortable.html)

ou81two Feb 14, 2020 7:48 pm

"New" F Seat on 737-700 Very Uncomfortable

I flew a flight up the coast on a brand new layout 737 (the one with the cupholders) and wow was the seat uncomfortable. It was hard and sort of seemed like the seat was angled up instead of being flat. The thing dug into my hamstrings the whole flight and the bottom was horribly uncomfortable.

Is this typical of Alaska flights with this layout? It really wasn't an enjoyable flight.

Calculon Feb 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by ou81two (Post 32073781)
I flew a flight up the coast on a brand new layout 737 (the one with the cupholders) and wow was the seat uncomfortable. It was hard and sort of seemed like the seat was angled up instead of being flat. The thing dug into my hamstrings the whole flight and the bottom was horribly uncomfortable.

Is this typical of Alaska flights with this layout? It really wasn't an enjoyable flight.

You were in J? Are you talking about premium class? Regardless, having been in all the new seat types, I didn’t notice anything worth complaining about. I don’t find the foot rest in F very useful because of having long legs that easily reach the floor, but it’s no big deal to just leave it stowed.

RAD_PDX Feb 14, 2020 8:12 pm

It sounds like a 737-700. I believe those are the only Boeing aircraft currently with the new interior, which includes the cup holders.

sltlyamusd Feb 14, 2020 9:47 pm

The 737-700 does have slightly less legroom in F compared to other equipment Alaska operates. And the same seats as the new A320 interior. Otherwise, I’m rather confused by this commentary.

beckoa Feb 14, 2020 11:45 pm

This is due to be launched fleetwide sometime. IIRC they are in the 73M already, once those RTS.

ou81two Feb 15, 2020 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Calculon (Post 32073798)
You were in J? Are you talking about premium class? Regardless, having been in all the new seat types, I didn’t notice anything worth complaining about. I don’t find the foot rest in F very useful because of having long legs that easily reach the floor, but it’s no big deal to just leave it stowed.

Alaska calls it first class, so I used the term F which is typically associated with first and J with business on a 3 class plane. Semantics. I was up front however you want to call it. Space was fine. Not being comfortable wasn't.

jsguyrus Feb 15, 2020 11:47 am

I just flew up front on a 700, I thought it was just fine.

JacksonFlyer Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus (Post 32075625)
I just flew up front on a 700, I thought it was just fine.

Ditto...just fine..actually better than the old configuration..but, meh...my opinion

eponymous_coward Feb 15, 2020 5:04 pm

It’s the same seat on the Airbus. I like it fine.