Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AA Premium Award International Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

Is it just me, or is American never available in J or F internationally on AS.com? The AS segment can be in F, but the AA segment is ALWAYS without fail in coach. What gives?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Is it just me, or is American never available in J or F internationally on AS.com? The AS segment can be in F, but the AA segment is ALWAYS without fail in coach. What gives?
“Never”? “Always”? Definitely just you.

It’s not plentiful, but it’s out there. Saver awards are hard to find on AA.com, as well. So it’s not an Alaska IT thing.
be_rettSEA and eddiehuang97 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:23 am

Flew two AA business class award flights SEA-LAX-LHR in December. Two more SEA-ORD-LHR rt biz in April. Happy they're not going away.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
They’re not as easy to find as other partners but they do exist. I’ve done DUS-ORD in J and HKG-LAX in F.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Literally a plethora of threads on this topic:

What's happened to award flights on AA?
MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion
No award ticket availability on Transcons on AA SFO/JFK or LAX/JFK?
AA Saver Award Partner Tix Gone?
AA Award Availabilty for Mileage Plan Members
Why Doesn't AS Offer Filtering of Mixed Cabin Awards?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
I've never seen any First Class Awards on AA internationally, only domestic.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:06 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Calculon
So it’s not an Alaska IT thing.
AS' booking engine does seem to struggle with validating married segments on AA awards.

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Flew two AA business class award flights SEA-LAX-LHR in December. Two more SEA-ORD-LHR rt biz in April. Happy they're not going away.
And AS IT might have to actually fix the issue instead of punting to March...
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I fly to Germany every other month and I have never ever seen a US-Europe on AA in J or F for years. It’s always an AS segment in F and the AA segment in Y.
WillTravel4Food likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Never say never, but this is about as close to never as we will find in our lifetime. I saw this at AA before I moved to AS. My observation was that there was a change at some point where most the US-Europe OW award inventory seemed to be moved over to BA, they of the outrageous YQ. Hopefully this changes when AS joins OW, but probably not.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I did find J seats to Toronto and Montreal so I guess that's technically "international"... but I do know what you mean. [Sidenote: my EF premium subscription is proving more useless the more I actually need it because I had an alert set the moment Saver First became available on the AS sector but I found it myself just obsessively checking the Alaska website. EF said no seats available but there it was on my screen. Could have been a married segment issue but that just proves my point.]

Up until about two years ago I could reliably trust to get to London on the morning nonstop from ORD but I haven't seen that available since and it makes me sad.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
I flew AA JFK-MAD in J last year. It's hard to find but use the old AA award search engine you can certainly find some availabilities.(If it's saver on AA, you can find it on AS)
Old Feb 17, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
My own experience is almost identical to yours. Whenever I am search for J/F, the long haul tends to be mostly coach and the short haul F or J.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
It's hard to find but use the old AA award search engine you can certainly find some availabilities.
How is the old search engine accessed?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dayone
How is the old search engine accessed?
I think you have to go into "Advanced search" and check the award booking box. I did it a month ago not sure if it's still working. Just checked. Still working.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hertz, Marriott
My biggest fear regarding last week's announcement is that American will take over one of the two British Airways daily flights between SEA and LHR. Whereas J and F award seats are generally available to Alaska Mileage Plan members (albeit with the "fuel surcharge"), international F and J rarely (if ever, from my experience) show up on award searches for American.

Has there been any announcement regarding this new AA SEA-LHR service? Is it a replacement for one BA flight, or is it a third daily flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.