Longest upgrade list?

Old Feb 6, 20, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Gold 75K
Longest upgrade list?

2/6 OAK to SEA AS335 6:30 pm

72 people on the upgrade list this evening. Needless to say no upgrade for me. This flight regularly has 40’ish on the list but this is crazy! Longest list you’ve seen?
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
One of the great benefits of flying out of PDX, primarily on weekends, is that when I see 10-15 it seems like a lot.
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
One of the great benefits of flying out of PDX, primarily on weekends, is that when I see 10-15 it seems like a lot.
I have seen PDX-DFW at 39 & PDX-PHX at 38 on a Monday morning. I was upgrades on the first on an N award but not the second, although with a companion on a companion certificate we were #1 & #2 on the waitlist on GGUs from OGG with <4 hour on the connection.

James
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
Day of the week makes a big difference. A year or two ago, I had a SEA-ORD leg on a Monday and ORD-SEA the following Saturday. The Monday list was very long (I want to say 50+ but don't remember for sure) and Saturday everyone cleared.
Old Feb 6, 20, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I’ve seen it in the 60’s numerous times. JNU-ANC is especially notorious during Alaska legislative season.

SEA-ANC and PDX-ANC you can pretty much always count on it being at least 30 deep, and often into the 50’s or 60’s.
Old Feb 6, 20, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by sjbsf View Post
2/6 OAK to SEA AS335 6:30 pm

72 people on the upgrade list this evening. Needless to say no upgrade for me. This flight regularly has 40’ish on the list but this is crazy! Longest list you’ve seen?
It wasn't that long ago AS had a CR7 on the evening OAK-SEA flight , one of the many indignities AS bestows upon its red-headed step child of the Bay Area
Old Feb 6, 20, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
72, BUR-SEA on a Thursday night a few years ago. My colleague, MVP75k on a Y fare didn't get the upgrade
Unionruler likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 7:38 am

op you might try searching before posting. this thread gets created weekly or more.
Old Feb 7, 20, 8:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I've had 86 on SEA - EWR
Old Feb 7, 20, 10:22 am

Programs: 30+ years of continous AS MVP/MVPG, National Exec , Marriott Titanium, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
I've had 86 on SEA - EWR
I may have been on some of those flights with you. At least it's not Delta. Even worse.
MonThruThurs likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 10:23 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mctaste View Post
op you might try searching before posting. this thread gets created weekly or more.
Until the search feature gets fixed (or that other thread gets unlocked), we'll continue to get these threads.

Here's what returns when you search for longest upgrade list:
[this thread]
Bye-Bye AS upgrades.
[Alaska Airlines NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) (2010-2014) (locked)
I got/didn't get an MVP/MVPG/75K upgrade on AS (2013 edition) (locked)
How long is the upgrade list for your Alaska Airlines flight? (2013) (locked)
MVPG UGs/fare buckets
First Class Availability (Seats not releasing?)
missamo80 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 10:41 am

I believe toward the end of last year, Dec 19th or so, SJC-SEA was ~98 on upgrade list. Just about the whole plane boarded in group A. Definitely the longest I have ever seen!!

Last edited by barabuski; Feb 7, 20 at 6:16 pm
Old Feb 7, 20, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sea_jeff View Post
I may have been on some of those flights with you. At least it's not Delta. Even worse.
Or UA. Seems like the credit card status gifted to every cardholder makes 3/4 of the plane elite.
sea_jeff likes this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by mctaste View Post
Hyperbole, much?
navydevildoc, bmvaughn and bon mot like this.
Old Feb 7, 20, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by barabuski View Post
I believe toward the end of last year, Dec 29th or so, SJC-SEA was ~98 on upgrade list. Just about the whole plane boarded in group A. Definitely the longest I have ever seen!!
I regularly fly this route, but since I'm never flying for business, I am usually on the flights not ideal for business passengers. I definitely see a big increase in the upgrade size from Jan-Dec.A week or two ago the SJC-SEA upgrade list was pretty small on a Sunday afternoon. Definitely never seen it at 98!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: