Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Longest Upgrade List? (122 Is the Current Bid and Likely Winner)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest Upgrade List? (122 Is the Current Bid and Likely Winner)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Or UA. Seems like the credit card status gifted to every cardholder makes 3/4 of the plane elite.
Yep. Although even as a lowly Silver on UA I've actually scored a couple of upgrades.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bellerina
I regularly fly this route, but since I'm never flying for business, I am usually on the flights not ideal for business passengers. I definitely see a big increase in the upgrade size from Jan-Dec.A week or two ago the SJC-SEA upgrade list was pretty small on a Sunday afternoon. Definitely never seen it at 98!
Meant Dec 19 in my original post. I think it was a confluence of things - business travelers heading back from work AND those also returning home for the holidays, plus anyone heading up for last minute business in Seattle before EoY. Anecdotally Thursdays seem like a busier day of business travel year round. Plus, at the end of the year it when the most people have status.

That said I was still caught off guard by it. And yes, huge diff dec-Jan- I've actually been upgraded last 3 flights on that route this year!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:15 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Chugach
I’ve seen it in the 60’s numerous times. JNU-ANC is especially notorious during Alaska legislative season.
Last month I saw SEA-JNU in the upper 60's. It was a mix of start of legislative season and shift change at one of the mines near Juneau.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:30 pm

As the saying goes…when everyone is an elite, no one is an elite…

84 on the upgrade list on this evening’s SEA > HNL flight.

For leisure trips, I no longer gamble on the upgrade. I either pay for, or confirm F with a GGU, at time of booking. No elites cleared day of on tonight’s flight.

be_rettSEA, 985X and Bellerina like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Meanwhile my SEA-LAX flight tonight looked like this 5 days ago when I was upgraded at T-120 (yeah I was surprised too
Bellerina and UtilityGuy like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Flight 642 DEN-SEA. 6 Oct. 59 ppl on list at check-in time. At boarding I was 6/60. (Last minute SDCer)

I rebooked a few tickets SEA - DEN RT for a mid Oct flights and am stuck in a middle seat. That rarely happens.

it’s going to be a long fall…
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:08 pm

This fall I flew from FAI - ANC, was 27th on the upgrade list as a 75k which is a record low for me. I think there was 56 on the whole list, not surprising being in Alaska but still a crowded upgrade list
be_rettSEA and Bellerina like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Yes
I loved when elites dropped off after April 2022 due to the promotions and extensions; the UG lists shrank significantly. I can only fathom how the UG lists would shrink if AS didn’t offer any EQM promotions this year.

I know it is a pipe dream, but I would love to see UG priority for elites who met the status threshold organically versus those who reached it via promotions or status matches. 🤙🏻🥲
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: Yes
A recent DEN-SEA flight showed 45 elites on the WL. I wouldn’t have thought DEN to be elite heavy, TIL. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
DEN is pretty ridiculous. I actually added it to my list of potential Alaska Lounge locations due to the elite heavy presence there. I know Denver has plenty of tech, but I didn't think it was enough for consistent packed waitlists to Seattle.
lalala likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:12 pm

Since this thread floated to the top, I'll add my new personal record. Oct. 6, ANC to SEA the upgrade list was 122 long. As a Gold, I was 53 on the list. Needless to say, I did not get into First on that leg.
jsguyrus and anteater like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by ftmsb
Since this thread floated to the top, I'll add my new personal record. Oct. 6, ANC to SEA the upgrade list was 122 long. As a Gold, I was 53 on the list. Needless to say, I did not get into First on that leg.
I thought mine was crazy, it’s the worst I have ever seen for me going DCA-PDX Thursday last week. I think I was 30 on the list.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:40 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Since this thread floated to the top, I'll add my new personal record. Oct. 6, ANC to SEA the upgrade list was 122 long.
Moderator Note

If you'll reply to confirm 122 on your upgrade list, I'll update the thread title.

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Moderator Note

If you'll reply to confirm 122 on your upgrade list, I'll update the thread title.

dayone, AS Moderator
Replying and confirming. I didn't think to screenshot it at the time, so can't provide proof (I did, however, go back and look at the text to my wife expressing my amazement at the 122 number to remind myself of the actual number!)
dayone likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:48 am

I assume on a 900/Max, but still pretty amazing that elites make up nearly 70% of total seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.