Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska disappointing handling over an award ticket regarding viral outbreak in china

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska disappointing handling over an award ticket regarding viral outbreak in china

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
SQ is still flying but as turns so crew will not be staying in China
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by formeraa
You must ask the agent to "note it on the record". That is the only way the next agent will have any idea of what the first agent said.

For example, right after 9/11, United did a schedule change which affected my flight and had no other alternatives that day. The agent offered a full refund, if I couldn't switch dates. I asked the agent to please note the record and I would call back. Meanwhile, I checked other airlines and found a cheap fare on Continental. I called United back and asked for the full refund. The agent read the notes from the first agent and processed the refund.
That example makes sense. For me, when I've used the 820-08 AS text option, sometimes agents abruptly drop and a new one gets added without any warning. I'd then have to start over with the next agent, again providing confirmation of who I was and explaining the IRROPS issue. The worst was when the agent changed four times. in five minutes.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:38 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note: When zombies enter the discussion, it's time to close the thread.

dayone, AS Moderator
be_rettSEA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.