Wiki Posts
Search

Canceling a flight booked with an e-cert

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Canceling a flight booked with an e-cert

Hi all!
Booked a flight using a $250 e-cert issued from a previous 11 hour flight delay. It's looking like this new flight might not work out for us after all - do I have any options for canceling or changing? Does Alaska allow a location change on tickets? Or if we decide to cancel do we get the e-cert back? or forfeit it? Thank you for any insight!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by atchie
Hi all!
Booked a flight using a $250 e-cert issued from a previous 11 hour flight delay. It's looking like this new flight might not work out for us after all - do I have any options for canceling or changing? Does Alaska allow a location change on tickets? Or if we decide to cancel do we get the e-cert back? or forfeit it? Thank you for any insight!
You can change it to whatever you want (location, dates) and pay the fee, keeping the discount applied. If you’re Gold the fee will be waived.

If you cancel (fee still applies), the cert will also be lost. Alaska doesn’t have any change types (other than certain same-day changes) that don’t incur the standard $125 fee.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calculon
You can change it to whatever you want (location, dates) and pay the fee, keeping the discount applied. If you’re Gold the fee will be waived.

If you cancel (fee still applies), the cert will also be lost. Alaska doesn’t have any change types (other than certain same-day changes) that don’t incur the standard $125 fee.
Thanks for the info!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.