FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   75k change/cancel fees for bookings with non-status passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2004374-75k-change-cancel-fees-bookings-non-status-passengers.html)

olouie Jan 14, 2020 2:53 pm

75k change/cancel fees for bookings with non-status passengers

I have 75k, but am making a booking where myself and a friend (without status) will be on the same reservation. How does the change/cancel fee work if I need to change the reservation? Can I make changes/cancellations for both of us for free, or is it prorated to only give me free changes myself and would charge for the friend?

thegingninj Jan 14, 2020 3:17 pm

If this is a cash ticket, only you will get free change / cancellation. They would be charged.

if you are using points, then you can change / cancel both for free.

jsguyrus Jan 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Its a change fee per person, with you being exempt from the fee. The only exception is if you are booking it with your miles, in that case your fee exemption applies to everyone in the reservation.

olouie Jan 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by thegingninj (Post 31950676)
If this is a cash ticket, only you will get free change / cancellation. They would be charged.

if you are using points, then you can change / cancel both for free.

Thanks. That makes sense and good to know.

missydarlin Jan 14, 2020 3:18 pm

On a paid ticket, the change/cancel fee is only waived for you

If you're using your own miles for both tickets, the change/cancel fee is waived for both of you.

bmvaughn Jan 14, 2020 3:44 pm

The way I think of it for revenue is this... you're making one reservation, but you still get two tickets. The fee waiver applies for TICKETS in your name, not RESERVATIONS.

freed0m Jan 14, 2020 7:37 pm

If I booked 2 tickets with my miles(I am MVPG now, but not when booking) but I am not flying, can I change/cancel them for free?

Thanks.

beckoa Jan 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 31951579)
If I booked 2 tickets with my miles(I am MVPG now, but not when booking) but I am not flying, can I change/cancel them for free?

Thanks.

Yes, change fees would be waived if they came from your account.

May require a call if the status hasn't updated on the res.

freed0m Jan 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 31951621)
Yes, change fees would be waived if they came from your account.

May require a call if the status hasn't updated on the res.

Thanks. Status has been updated. Just in case, I have no intention to change or cancel them.

be_rettSEA Jan 15, 2020 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn (Post 31950790)
The way I think of it for revenue is this... you're making one reservation, but you still get two tickets. The fee waiver applies for TICKETS in your name, not RESERVATIONS.

An exception: SDC fees are waived for travel companions (but not on award tickets when not traveling with a Gold/75K). So if it's a change that an SDC could accommodate, that's an option to save the change fee.

beckoa Jan 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA (Post 31955093)
An exception: SDC fees are waived for travel companions (but not on award tickets when not traveling with a Gold/75K). So if it's a change that an SDC could accommodate, that's an option to save the change fee.

Yes, if on the same PNR. Split PNR's; non-status pax assessed SDC fee.