Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Any one else here rumors or rumblings AS looking at ATW or GRB with E175?

Old Jan 12, 20, 9:18 am
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue

I've heard AS was looking into it with an EMB 175. I've heard it from people working at both airports as I work in and out of them both. GRB actually had AS listed as a catrier at the airport for a few days then it was removed but to be fair they also had Lufthansa listed . Purely just rumors and I am not in any way saying it's happening or that it would even make sense. If I had to guess id say maybe AS had private charters in and out of the area over the past week because of the Seahawks game but that's just my opinion

Last edited by ANC; Jan 12, 20 at 9:25 am
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:25 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP
I would be very surprised. They have slashed their mid-con routes and both ATW & GRB serve very small populations relative to the other cities in the AS network. I'd say your hunch about the private charters relating to the Seahawks is the right answer.

ATW = Appleton International Airport
GRB = Green Bay–Austin Straubel International Airport
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
AS9912 (N288AK, 737-990ER with Russell Wilson livery) operated SEA-GRB yesterday (then ferried to ORD, logical for crew rotation) and returns tonight
ANC likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 12, 20 at 12:32 pm
Old Jan 12, 20, 12:40 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVPG
MSN (Madison, WI) would most certainly be a preferred pick over GRB or ATW. Sun Country is starting MSN-PDX service this year so maybe Alaska will respond with something. Though I think it's more likely Delta would start MSN-SEA before Alaska due to their large presence and frequent flyer base in MSN.
MSPeconomist, ashill and NoLaGent like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, National Executive Elite
Aside from the two or three weekends a year that that Seahawks play the Packers, SEA-GRB seems like it would be pretty sparse.
ashill, ANC and jinglish like this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
Originally Posted by alphaeagle View Post
MSN (Madison, WI) would most certainly be a preferred pick over GRB or ATW. Sun Country is starting MSN-PDX service this year so maybe Alaska will respond with something. Though I think it's more likely Delta would start MSN-SEA before Alaska due to their large presence and frequent flyer base in MSN.
+1 to all of this. Delta’s frequent flyer base with the Epic crowd at MSN is huge. But SEA-MKE, initially on an E75, worked out for AS, so AS putting an E75 on MSN wouldn’t surprise me a bit. Much more likely than ATW or GRB.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by alphaeagle View Post
I know of one FTer who would welcome MSN on AS

Interesting @ the charter into GRB

I'd like to have been on the GRB-ORD tag
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
GRB has a nice little modern airport that's quite close to the Packers' stadium and also close to downtown. It's slightly southwest of downtown, so it's convenient for lots of northeastern Wisconsin but not so much Door County.
Old Jan 12, 20, 9:50 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I believe you were on the inaugural mke flight with me �� I shall be on msn if that day comes as well

Search this Thread
Search Engine: