Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

♫ Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Loungemints ♫

Old Jan 11, 20, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

I cannot help myself. They are good. The regular ones and especially the chocolate ones. Screw all the other insufficient "snacks" in the Alaska Lounge. I just now need to make up a suitable cocktail that goes with the mints, grab a couple of handfuls, and sip and crunch. (Cocktail suggestions welcome ... and it has to be something that the lounge actually can make with its current supplies.)
Old Jan 11, 20, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Do they have creme de menthe and Bailey’s?

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jan 13, 20 at 12:56 pm
Old Jan 11, 20, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K
1 bottle Bourbon

Sprite (or equal parts club soda and simple syrup)

2-4 mint candies, depending on spice level

Shamelessly pulled from Airplane Cocktails

I have found a new love of vodka soda to add to the repertoire of rum and coke, straight bourbon, and array of IPA.
Old Jan 11, 20, 6:37 pm

I think my favorite on-board drink would go well here

Coffee + Bailey's + Hazelnut vodka.

It's not as boozy as it sounds. Both the Bailey's and the hazelnut vodka are something like 25% alcohol so they add up to one real drink. And, the caffeine in the coffee counteracts the alcohol's tendency to put you to sleep. Add in the sugar from the mints and you should be good to keep downing these.
Old Jan 11, 20, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I think my favorite on-board drink would go well here

Coffee + Bailey's + Hazelnut vodka.

It's not as boozy as it sounds. Both the Bailey's and the hazelnut vodka are something like 25% alcohol so they add up to one real drink. And, the caffeine in the coffee counteracts the alcohol's tendency to put you to sleep. Add in the sugar from the mints and you should be good to keep downing these.
Thanks, but needs to be a lounge drink.
Old Jan 11, 20, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
Thanks, but needs to be a lounge drink.
Do they not have the hazelnut vodka in the lounge? I assume they have both coffee and Bailey's
Old Jan 11, 20, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Do they not have the hazelnut vodka in the lounge? I assume they have both coffee and Bailey's
They charge for Baileys in the lounge. (I think it is gratis during Christmas season)
I am with you on the mints. Load up my pockets with them. Enjoyed some today even though i flew on Wednesday.
Old Jan 11, 20, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hrmmmm - is there a minty syrup designed for the coffee drinks?
Vodka, soda, the syrup.
Old Jan 11, 20, 9:19 pm

Rumplemintz (100 proof peppermint schnapps) & hot chocolate would work nicely. The lounge is unlikely to have it though.

A BFK coffee would be good - Baileys (irish creme liquor), Frangelico (hazelnut liquor), Kahlua (coffee liquor) + coffee and whip cream. The lounge should have all those things.

Spanish Coffee is always good but needs 151 rum and is lit on fire - probably not going to happen in the lounge.
Old Jan 12, 20, 2:08 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
Rumplemintz (100 proof peppermint schnapps) & hot chocolate would work nicely. The lounge is unlikely to have it though.

A BFK coffee would be good - Baileys (irish creme liquor), Frangelico (hazelnut liquor), Kahlua (coffee liquor) + coffee and whip cream. The lounge should have all those things.

Spanish Coffee is always good but needs 151 rum and is lit on fire - probably not going to happen in the lounge.
Bailey's and Kahlua for sure... but I am not sure if I have ever seen them break out the Frangelico. I guess it's time for some investigating next time I am in the N Lounge.
Old Jan 12, 20, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I always grab a handful.

Now one could bring it onboard and mix it there

Search this Thread
Search Engine: