FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   ♫ Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Loungemints ♫ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2003840-might-well-face-im-addicted-loungemints.html)

Eastbay1K Jan 11, 2020 1:52 pm

♫ Might as well face it, I'm addicted to Loungemints ♫

I cannot help myself. They are good. The regular ones and especially the chocolate ones. Screw all the other insufficient "snacks" in the Alaska Lounge. I just now need to make up a suitable cocktail that goes with the mints, grab a couple of handfuls, and sip and crunch. (Cocktail suggestions welcome ... and it has to be something that the lounge actually can make with its current supplies.)

eponymous_coward Jan 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Do they have creme de menthe and Bailey’s?

Idaho Territory Jan 11, 2020 4:10 pm

1 bottle Bourbon

Sprite (or equal parts club soda and simple syrup)

2-4 mint candies, depending on spice level

Shamelessly pulled from Airplane Cocktails

I have found a new love of vodka soda to add to the repertoire of rum and coke, straight bourbon, and array of IPA.

VegasGambler Jan 11, 2020 5:37 pm

I think my favorite on-board drink would go well here

Coffee + Bailey's + Hazelnut vodka.

It's not as boozy as it sounds. Both the Bailey's and the hazelnut vodka are something like 25% alcohol so they add up to one real drink. And, the caffeine in the coffee counteracts the alcohol's tendency to put you to sleep. Add in the sugar from the mints and you should be good to keep downing these.

Eastbay1K Jan 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31938604)
I think my favorite on-board drink would go well here

Coffee + Bailey's + Hazelnut vodka.

It's not as boozy as it sounds. Both the Bailey's and the hazelnut vodka are something like 25% alcohol so they add up to one real drink. And, the caffeine in the coffee counteracts the alcohol's tendency to put you to sleep. Add in the sugar from the mints and you should be good to keep downing these.

Thanks, but needs to be a lounge drink.

VegasGambler Jan 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 31938625)
Thanks, but needs to be a lounge drink.

Do they not have the hazelnut vodka in the lounge? I assume they have both coffee and Bailey's

pcoll Jan 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31938655)
Do they not have the hazelnut vodka in the lounge? I assume they have both coffee and Bailey's

They charge for Baileys in the lounge. (I think it is gratis during Christmas season)
I am with you on the mints. Load up my pockets with them. Enjoyed some today even though i flew on Wednesday.

Eastbay1K Jan 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Hrmmmm - is there a minty syrup designed for the coffee drinks?
Vodka, soda, the syrup.

mtofell Jan 11, 2020 8:19 pm

Rumplemintz (100 proof peppermint schnapps) & hot chocolate would work nicely. The lounge is unlikely to have it though.

A BFK coffee would be good - Baileys (irish creme liquor), Frangelico (hazelnut liquor), Kahlua (coffee liquor) + coffee and whip cream. The lounge should have all those things.

Spanish Coffee is always good but needs 151 rum and is lit on fire - probably not going to happen in the lounge.

navydevildoc Jan 12, 2020 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by mtofell (Post 31938961)
Rumplemintz (100 proof peppermint schnapps) & hot chocolate would work nicely. The lounge is unlikely to have it though.

A BFK coffee would be good - Baileys (irish creme liquor), Frangelico (hazelnut liquor), Kahlua (coffee liquor) + coffee and whip cream. The lounge should have all those things.

Spanish Coffee is always good but needs 151 rum and is lit on fire - probably not going to happen in the lounge.

Bailey's and Kahlua for sure... but I am not sure if I have ever seen them break out the Frangelico. I guess it's time for some investigating next time I am in the N Lounge.

beckoa Jan 12, 2020 10:37 pm

I always grab a handful.

Now one could bring it onboard and mix it there ;)