BA availability

Old Jan 10, 20, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
BA availability

I wonder if anyone has noticed that AS doesn't see BA C/F availability that other partners do see. Even when BA opens 2 seats, AS shows zero.

Temporary glitch, or a permanent feature?
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Don't think this is a glitch, think it is simply an issue of AS getting differential award availability than e.g. AA.
Old Jan 10, 20, 12:14 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott
BA J/F awards completely gone?
Old Jan 12, 20, 2:59 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
Ditto that, at least with regard to First Class.

BA First awards used to be quite prevalent.
lalala likes this.
Old Jan 12, 20, 4:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
and close in if you wished to reroute or upgrade from J to F. The lack of award space is ridiculous. I can pretty much filter out mixed coach (transatlantic) with J ex-LHR using the calendar function, but I am seeing absolutely no J awards leaving the US for anywhere I need. I'm not flying in July, we're talking November and December.

Same on the return, even in PE.
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
There seems to be J space ex-LHR to non-US destinations, it just doesn’t pair with any ex-USA space... check out SEA-India and you’ll see what I mean.

Maybe there’s married segment availability going on similar to AA? AS would have problems with that...
Old Jan 12, 20, 6:53 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
I tweeted to Alaska

About this and they say they cannot do anything. I guess we r out of luck
Old Jan 12, 20, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
BOS-LHR is fine. JFK-LHR is not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jan 14, 20, 10:17 am

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
There seems to be J space ex-LHR to non-US destinations, it just doesn’t pair with any ex-USA space... check out SEA-India and you’ll see what I mean.

Maybe there’s married segment availability going on similar to AA? AS would have problems with that...
so if I started in YVR I would see more availability?
Old Jan 14, 20, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
I have never found much space on BA out of YVR.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
We are flying YVR ---LHR ---GVA in business class in March, courtesy of our AS miles. So it does happen.

Last edited by enzian; Jan 14, 20 at 1:06 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Only what my AmEx Plat offers me
This may be way too much work but it has proven successful for me 3 out of 3 times looking for 2 AS award flights on BA in F. Since BA puts out their schedule 355 days out ( including award tickets using Avois) I just start looking once they are loaded and almost always find a couple seats on or close to the day I am wanting. This is out of SEA and I have always found the non-stop available. I watch these seats almost everyday until 330 days out when they are loaded into the AS system at midnight. I grab them.....it works for me. Once or twice the seats have disappeared before AS gets loaded...so I just repeat the search using the BA website to pre-plan my award seat attack the moment they are loaded into the AS system.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 1:43 pm

I was successful getting SEA-TXL (Berlin) via LHR for March and SEA-LHR in July, both in first. I did book a long ways out because there is very little F inventory available.
Old Jan 14, 20, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lalala View Post
No, I mean to say “longhaul flights to the USA”, I guess (except for BOS). Again, look at SEA-India. Loads of India-LHR, nothing to SEA. It’s meant to illustrate there is something different with ex-USA destinations save for BOS. Didn’t look at Canada. Only did so much research.

Originally Posted by david55 View Post
This may be way too much work but it has proven successful for me 3 out of 3 times looking for 2 AS award flights on BA in F. Since BA puts out their schedule 355 days out ( including award tickets using Avois) I just start looking once they are loaded and almost always find a couple seats on or close to the day I am wanting. This is out of SEA and I have always found the non-stop available. I watch these seats almost everyday until 330 days out when they are loaded into the AS system at midnight. I grab them.....it works for me. Once or twice the seats have disappeared before AS gets loaded...so I just repeat the search using the BA website to pre-plan my award seat attack the moment they are loaded into the AS system.
Don’t agree that this is a usual BA availability pattern. There’s plenty of available J space ex-BOS (even within a month or so), two flights a day. Nothing NYC, a large multiple of flights compared to BOS a day. Plus there is space to India and places like DXB. Something is going on. Don’t know what.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Jan 14, 20 at 4:59 pm
Old Jan 14, 20, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
No, I mean to say “longhaul flights to the USA”, I guess (except for BOS). Again, look at SEA-India. Loads of India-LHR, nothing to SEA. It’s meant to illustrate there is something different with ex-USA destinations save for BOS. Didn’t look at Canada. Only did so much research.

Don’t agree that this is a usual BA availability pattern. There’s plenty of available J space ex-BOS (even within a month or so), two flights a day. Nothing NYC, a large multiple of flights compared to BOS a day. Plus there is space to India and places like DXB. Something is going on. Don’t know what.
Maybe BA doesn't release as many Award seats and they go faster for NYC? Seems to me it would have a lot of business travelers so, if I was BA, I would limit the award availability.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: