BA availability

Old Jan 14, 20, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by Bellerina View Post
Maybe BA doesn't release as many Award seats and they go faster for NYC? Seems to me it would have a lot of business travelers so, if I was BA, I would limit the award availability.
NYC has multiple dailies EWR/JFK and LHR/LGW/LCY, NYLON is the largest market for BA premium class availability in the world. It doesnít make sense that BOS has it in spades but NYC has nada.

BA isnít showing the same availability on NYC-LON in premium classes as AS is: 6 seats in J on BA 116, 2/12/20, AS shows zero.

Compare and contrast with 2/11 on BOS-LHR, AS and BA are both showing J availability. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Old Jan 14, 20, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
NYC has multiple dailies EWR/JFK and LHR/LGW/LCY, NYLON is the largest market for BA premium class availability in the world. It doesnít make sense that BOS has it in spades but NYC has nada.

BA isnít showing the same availability on NYC-LON in premium classes as AS is: 6 seats in J on BA 116, 2/12/20, AS shows zero.

Compare and contrast with 2/11 on BOS-LHR, AS and BA are both showing J availability. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
If you search on AA you get the same result as on AS -- no availability.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 14, 20, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AV, AC, VS, KE, SQ, AA, UA | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
And to make things even more confusing, on the days that I was checking in October, AS seems to have more availability in J than what BA offers using Avios:

But while I found days where there was 1 F seat using Avios, I found no availability using Mileage Plan.

On the plus side, BA203 is the A350-1000 and at first I thought that was being blocked for us but it is readily available on other days in J.
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Right, so BA uses some algorithm that calculates the predictability of revenue or Avios points being used for the F/J seats and releases what is thinks are the extras to AS and/or AA. Or each MP/FF get allocated a certain number of seats in each cabin of a flight depending on BAís algorithm of available seats and the AS MP seats are already booked.

I donít know fire sure (and Iím sure a lot of us donít) but given some people are obviously booking J/F seats it doesnít seem a system wide problem with AS.
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Bellerina View Post
Right, so BA uses some algorithm that calculates the predictability of revenue or Avios points being used for the F/J seats and releases what is thinks are the extras to AS and/or AA. Or each MP/FF get allocated a certain number of seats in each cabin of a flight depending on BAís algorithm of available seats and the AS MP seats are already booked.

I donít know fire sure (and Iím sure a lot of us donít) but given some people are obviously booking J/F seats it doesnít seem a system wide problem with AS.
Those seats went away about half a month ago. So if you booked before Christmas the inventory was wide open. After Christmas there's nothing
Bellerina likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: