Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MileagePlan Promotion: 50%-27% Discount on F/J Awards

Old Jan 6, 20, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM, New Sagaya

Just showed up in my email. Does not appear to be targeted. Ends 2/29/20.

Also includes a way to earn double miles on FJ if your register.

See more here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/fiji-airways-award-sale
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:27 pm

I just booked a flight from PDX to NAN for a stopover then to SYD for 20k miles.
williwaw, be_rettSEA and jjmadison like this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Booked one way J for 40k which is awesome as it includes domestic stopover prior to SFO-NAD.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS G75K, Hilton Diamond
I've been searching J on Fiji for months now and can never find it. I swear its a unicorn. Never have that problem with the other partners.
Old Jan 6, 20, 2:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Double miles are RDM only, not EQM... that's too bad. If it had been double EQM, probably would've been enough to get me to do an impromptu trip.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:06 pm

Thanks for posting this. May be handy.

Already have a mixed cabin itinerary award flight back from AKL in March. Too bad no sale tickets available on the same day as existing reservation.

For a MVPG/MVPG75K, would taxes and partner fees be refunded if canceled existing travel and got this sale flight instead? Thanks.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PaperGlider View Post

Already have a mixed cabin itinerary award flight back from AKL in March. Too bad no sale tickets available on the same day as existing reservation.

For a MVPG/MVPG75K, would taxes and partner fees be refunded if canceled existing travel and got this sale flight instead? Thanks.
I know taxes would be refunded, not sure on the partner fees.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:19 pm

Are you sure it is J Class LAX-NAN? I have been searching for the last hour and cannot find any J seats on that segment.
Old Jan 6, 20, 4:28 pm

The $12.50 partner booking fee is not refunded unless you cancel within 24hr (and within 24hr it's refunded for everyone regardless of status)

Instead of cancelling, I believe you can just do it as a change and not have to pay the $12.50 again. It doesn't need to be same day. Date changes are fine.
Old Jan 6, 20, 5:18 pm

How do you get the stopover in NAN?
Old Jan 6, 20, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG
Availability is quite good in economy to Nadi. Some of other South Pacific Islands sound like fun (except FUN airport Tuvalu)

You lose partner fee, what if space doesn't go back in? have you tried change reservation, make change to existing trip and see if it gives the lower price? Just select all flights and usually it keeps the space you have already confirmed but updates price if its dropped.

Originally Posted by ExGateAgt View Post
How do you get the stopover in NAN?
Multi city search under advanced search options

Last edited by CDKing; Jan 6, 20 at 5:32 pm
Old Jan 6, 20, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ExGateAgt View Post
Are you sure it is J Class LAX-NAN? I have been searching for the last hour and cannot find any J seats on that segment.
There's some availability out of SFO, if you don't mind a short connecting flight.

Edit: Or, at least, there was, until I stupidly posted this

Edit2: I see space on July 19 SFO-NAN in J. I'm posting this here because that's not the time of year I want to go (I want to go on to Sydney when it's warmer)

Edit3: I found space for SFO-NAN on Nov 24 and 28 in J. I booked Nov 24 (I'll add another segment later). I was only charged 40k miles + $5.60. No partner booking fee. Is that waived for 75k? (I've been 75k for only a few days)

Last edited by VegasGambler; Jan 6, 20 at 6:50 pm
Old Jan 6, 20, 6:51 pm

Programs: airponts
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
The $12.50 partner booking fee is not refunded unless you cancel within 24hr (and within 24hr it's refunded for everyone regardless of status)

Instead of cancelling, I believe you can just do it as a change and not have to pay the $12.50 again. It doesn't need to be same day. Date changes are fine.
I have just changed a LAX-NAD-AKL flight for November. I chose cancel flight and put towards new flight option. I chose SNA instead of LAX in new search and my current LAX-NAD-AKl flight was available for selection. I intended to cancel that later (MVPG) that all wentt hrough no fees and 15K miles redeposited. HOWEVER the trip only showed SNA-LAX leg in my purchased flights, so I quickly rebooked the LAX-NAD-AKL flight (obviously available as I had "canceled" it) for 40K plus tax. I now need to cancel this SNA-LAX itinerary for 40k on Alaska but it wont let me mange the flight. I was absolutely adamant that I was replacing my original flight with the same flight but something weird happened. So beware!
Old Jan 6, 20, 7:28 pm

A couple of notes:

1. Adding a stopover in Fiji and a flight to Australia adds, among other things, a $93.80 airport departure tax! This is not quite UK level craziness but it's significant. My taxes & fees overall jumped from $5.60 (9/11 tax) to $127.50. NAN appears to charge you nothing to land. Leaving is pricy though.

2. The $12.50 Partner Booking Fee is nowhere to be found. This actually should have cost me $140 (which is not insignificant! But hey I'm saving 15k miles so it's all good). But if you value 40k miles at $800, it raises the price from $800 to $940. That's good for half a round trip in J but not the best deal of all time or anything (particularly given the product)

3. I should probably book a return flight. I'm hopeful to find Qantas F (yes, I'm very optimistic)
Old Jan 6, 20, 8:16 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
A couple of notes:

1. Adding a stopover in Fiji and a flight to Australia adds, among other things, a $93.80 airport departure tax! This is not quite UK level craziness but it's significant. My taxes & fees overall jumped from $5.60 (9/11 tax) to $127.50. NAN appears to charge you nothing to land. Leaving is pricy though.

2. The $12.50 Partner Booking Fee is nowhere to be found. This actually should have cost me $140 (which is not insignificant! But hey I'm saving 15k miles so it's all good). But if you value 40k miles at $800, it raises the price from $800 to $940. That's good for half a round trip in J but not the best deal of all time or anything (particularly given the product)

3. I should probably book a return flight. I'm hopeful to find Qantas F (yes, I'm very optimistic)
no additional fee for stopover less than 2 days.

levy only on stopover more than 2 days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: