Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SEA C Concourse Train Station Reopened (1/23/2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

Not strictly AS related but is there any update on the C concourse train station reopening? It was supposed to be "End of 2019". I know, I know, it is POS but still thought they would at least update the signage, much like they kept doing with the old N terminal temp Alaska Lounge.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
When I went through SEA in late December, the window coverings in the C station had been removed. Still looked like there was work left to do, but it was mostly done. During the quick glimpse I got, the station looked pretty similar to how it looked last year when it closed. Not sure what they did down there.

Wasn't it originally supposed to be done in "November 2019?"
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog

Wasn't it originally supposed to be done in "November 2019?"
For the last few months sinage has indicated C stop was closed "through 2019." Did you notice if they updated it to, "through 2020?" lol Hopefully it will be updated to "opening (month)" soon.

James
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
When I was flying thru a few weeks ago, the lounge employees all seemed to think the opening was imminent. Apparently the major change was to increase the traffic flow pattern from the concourse down to the station.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Seatac airport customer service recently informed me that C station should reopen before March 31, 2020.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well it is the P.O.S....

Wonder if the construction will improve the flow of traffic that much. Will be nice to have it back up ^
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
I've been kinda happy it's been closed... makes the train ride to/from N faster.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by sullim4
I've been kinda happy it's been closed... makes the train ride to/from N faster.
????????

doesn't impact the trip **TO** the N satellite at all
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by jrl767
????????

doesn't impact the trip **TO** the N satellite at all
It sure does. It increases the frequency of trains by whatever amount of time it takes to stop at the 'C' gates. Instead of waiting 2 minutes, you wait 1:30 (or whatever the delta is).
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
A good friend of mine that works at AS told me the delay was because they are enlarging the boarding area and adding wider escalators. It was very small and cramped before the remodel. I hope it is done earlier, but we all know that the P.O.S. learned everything about construction from the Washington State D.O.T. What takes 1 month anywhere else takes 6 months in WA. Sort of like the schedule AS uses with their lounge upgrades and additions.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:43 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Originally Posted by BOB W
A good friend of mine that works at AS told me the delay was because they are enlarging the boarding area and adding wider escalators. It was very small and cramped before the remodel. I hope it is done earlier, but we all know that the P.O.S. learned everything about construction from the Washington State D.O.T. What takes 1 month anywhere else takes 6 months in WA. Sort of like the schedule AS uses with their lounge upgrades and additions.
Be careful complaining about AS and their lounge updates; I leaped to AS from United; they debuted flashy POLARIS lounges shortly after the Carter administration, and they still haven't opened most of the damn things!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
I think they had to get their permits from the Municipality of Anchorage as well.

I was hoping they made the escalators wider... they were wide enough for one IIRC, with carryon behind.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
I was hoping they made the escalators wider... they were wide enough for one IIRC, with carryon behind.
That’s why it was imperative to get off the train first and be the first on the escalator. If you didn’t want to walk up, you put earbuds in and didn’t look back at the giant line that formed behind you.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
That’s why it was imperative to get off the train first and be the first on the escalator. If you didn’t want to walk up, you put earbuds in and didn’t look back at the giant line that formed behind you.
I didn't wear earbuds, but sounds like my s.o.p.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:08 pm

Almost done?
flatdawgs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.