"Preorder not available" -- Why?

Old Jan 2, 20, 12:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
"Preorder not available" -- Why?

When I look in the app at my flight (in First Class) in a few days, the flight details do say "Dinner" but there is no option to see the menu or preorder. The line where the menu/pre-order usually is says "Preorder not available"

I did online chat with Customer Service and they couldn't find a menu either for the flight.

Curious as to what this means and why.
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
What route are you flying? Sometimes on shorter flights there is not a meal choice to preorder.
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
What route are you flying? Sometimes on shorter flights there is not a meal choice to preorder.
It's a 3 hour midcon in a 737-900

(I'm loathe to publicly post itineraries. I can remember in the dark ages when a FlyerTalker's itinerary was canceled by another member who was angry at him and used his public posting to social engineer getting the airline to cancel it).
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
It's a 3 hour midcon in a 737-900
It needs to be 3.5 hours or longer to be eligible for pre-order.
Old Jan 2, 20, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Ah, okay.

Thank you.

Surprised, though, that not even AS Customer Service can find a menu for the flight.
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
My upcoming SEA-SAN flight is 2 hrs 50 mins and has pre-order. I took the chicken.
Old Jan 2, 20, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
My upcoming SEA-SAN flight is 2 hrs 50 mins and has pre-order. I took the chicken.
Hmmm, perhaps new for 2020. Just flew that route last week and couldn't pre-order.
Old Jan 2, 20, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 75k, Bonvoy Titanium
Hmmm, perhaps new for 2020. Just flew that route last week and couldn't pre-order.
Very frequent flyer of SAN-SEA. I have never been able to pre-order. If it's working, this pleases me.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Jan 2, 20, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
Lucky me. Maybe this is a sign of good things to come. Better for most everyone if we have the option of selecting in advance.
Old Jan 2, 20, 11:07 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
"we're planning to offer it on more flights by the end of 2019."
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Even if pre-order is not available, you would think the app would display the menu... Guess that's too much for AS IT to handle
spamman808 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Explorist
Another data point, SEA-SJC morning flight for this month, is offering pre-order for breakfast. This is new pre-order wasn't available before. Flight duration listed as 2 hrs 18 mins.

Last edited by DaWhirledTraveller; Jan 4, 20 at 9:58 am
Old Jan 3, 20, 11:39 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
No no, I experienced the same problem last month on SEA-DAL, a route that I've pre-ordered a dozen times.
From the opening of the window, right up to the time of departure, I checked repeatedly and pre-order was unavailable.
The website even told me to contact SkyWest! HA!
I thought it might have something to do with it being an OO operated flight, but again, I've preordered on that route a dozen times.

In the end, it was a standard lunch service of a chicken salad or a hot turkey sandwich. I had the sandwich. It was fine, but not appropriate for a first class midcon. Cuz yay, bag of wannabe trader joe's potato chips. And no dessert.
Old Jan 4, 20, 12:15 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Legend717 View Post
No no, I experienced the same problem last month on SEA-DAL, a route that I've pre-ordered a dozen times.
From the opening of the window, right up to the time of departure, I checked repeatedly and pre-order was unavailable.
The website even told me to contact SkyWest! HA!
I thought it might have something to do with it being an OO operated flight, but again, I've preordered on that route a dozen times.
SEA-DAL flights are operated by QX, and have been for awhile.
Old Jan 4, 20, 7:19 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Mine is pdx to hnl it shows the menu, but order is not possible to be placed

Search this Thread
Search Engine: