Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Preorder not available" -- Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Legend717
No no, I experienced the same problem last month on SEA-DAL, a route that I've pre-ordered a dozen times.
From the opening of the window, right up to the time of departure, I checked repeatedly and pre-order was unavailable.
The website even told me to contact SkyWest! HA!
I thought it might have something to do with it being an OO operated flight, but again, I've preordered on that route a dozen times.

In the end, it was a standard lunch service of a chicken salad or a hot turkey sandwich. I had the sandwich. It was fine, but not appropriate for a first class midcon. Cuz yay, bag of wannabe trader joe's potato chips. And no dessert.
As for pre-order, perhaps they are in the process of rolling it out into shorter haul markets, but haven’t finished yet? As to the meal itself, I do think it’s unfortunate that the ERJ flights have diminished F offerings on midcons, but assume it is due to galley constraints.

Last edited by sltlyamusd; Jan 4, 2020 at 8:27 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 8:14 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I thought after checking in, a menu might appear.

But, no.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Catering of the flight happened very last minute; FA's were commenting on that and wondering what it would be.

Turns out the choice was between the chicken slime sandwich and salad with chopped chicken.

I asked for a fruit-and-cheese plate and didn't even have to wheedle nor was told there would be a charge. It wasn't plated but I didn't care.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:44 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Has anyone else notice pre-ordering is available for non-transcons?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I just checked my fights for SEA-OAK and SFO-SEA, I was able to pre-order on both.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I just checked my fights for SEA-OAK and SFO-SEA, I was able to pre-order on both.
Odd, on my past few this wasn't possible, even one with a 1:30 departure.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS
After reading this thread today, decided to re-check flight for tomorrow. Had already checked in.
LAX/SEA 1:15pm flight.
Surprise!!! pre-order appears for our flight. When I checked in and tried to view food options, got “bummer” when opening page.
now I see my name , First Class, and three choices for lunch.
F & C platter, chicken sandwich with bacon, provolone cheese and spicy aioli on Roll. Also, protein plate with roasted chicken slices, boiled egg, cheese, grapes, stuffed pepper half and hummus with mini naan.
WOW, first time I have seen this on this segment . Very �� happy to see in 2020, pre-order working for F. Also, may be one of our last flights on “old” airbus metal. 8 F. Just hoping seats still work.
will post pics from flight.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by pcoll
... may be one of our last flights on “old” airbus metal. 8 F. Just hoping seats still work...
... and no doubt hoping that there’s not an overnight tail swap to a new-configuration jet ...
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
ios app update 4.1.54 notes, indicate pre-order rolling out in mid Jan for all classes up to 3 weeks in advance. What that means for us is TBD, hopefully that includes all routes. Yes, I'm aware that up to 3 weeks could mean even the day or two before.
navydevildoc, DrAlex and ft543 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I could preorder LAX-LIR but not SJO-LAX
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller
ios app update 4.1.54 notes, indicate pre-order rolling out in mid Jan for all classes up to 3 weeks in advance. What that means for us is TBD, hopefully that includes all routes. Yes, I'm aware that up to 3 weeks could mean even the day or two before.
I'm showing meal selections on a flight over 3 weeks out, but you can't click and select.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by jrl767
... and no doubt hoping that there’s not an overnight tail swap to a new-configuration jet ...
Exactly right. And, of course, this is what happened. Seat map this morning shows 3 rows in F now. Row 2 still good choice. Upgraded elites must be happy.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Transcon flight in a few days, currently in economy - the preorder menu was linked from the app yesterday, but now it's no longer active. What could be the reason?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Transcon flight in a few days, currently in economy - the preorder menu was linked from the app yesterday, but now it's no longer active. What could be the reason?
Either you are too close to the flight to pre-order or the pre-order system is on the blink which happens from time to time due to Alaska's super poor IT. Try using the web version.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Either you are too close to the flight to pre-order or the pre-order system is on the blink which happens from time to time due to Alaska's super poor IT. Try using the web version.
Thanks. It's back now. Might have been a glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.