Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

2020 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Ok, I am following you now. I have never booked at T-330 so I haven't seen that. All that I can suggest is contacting AS and explain that there isn't any Saver space on your required itinerary to the gateway and ask if they will waive the change fee when it becomes available and note your account.

James
This worked. Thank you. The representative actually said it was their policy to waive these change fees, but I'm guessing it's not a particularly well-known policy since she had to check with both a supervisor and trainer. She put the note on the reservation regardless though.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Searched and couldn't find anything. We booked an award ticket for next Christmas. Lo and behold one of the flights was removed from the schedule. Exercised the opportunity to get a better departure setup and all was good. Now, after the tickets have been re-issued, they no longer show on the website. I called and the agent confirmed the tickets have been issued. Is there anything I need to worry about? I have two concerns. (1) If a better routing becomes available, I'll have to call to make the change but worried it'll not be allowed. (2) We attempt to check in for the flights and they tell us no tickets have been issued. The second concern is minimal because we do have ticket numbers in hand. I this a common problem?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Searched and couldn't find anything. We booked an award ticket for next Christmas. Lo and behold one of the flights was removed from the schedule. Exercised the opportunity to get a better departure setup and all was good. Now, after the tickets have been re-issued, they no longer show on the website. I called and the agent confirmed the tickets have been issued. Is there anything I need to worry about? I have two concerns. (1) If a better routing becomes available, I'll have to call to make the change but worried it'll not be allowed. (2) We attempt to check in for the flights and they tell us no tickets have been issued. The second concern is minimal because we do have ticket numbers in hand. I this a common problem?
Is this the website or the APP? I have found that sometimes a refresh (circle with arrow at the top right of the itineraries) is required to sync your itineraries even though it is usually an automatic process.

I received an SMS from CX that my segment HKG-LAX as part of an F award next month had changed. I was moved by CX to an earlier flight and my F space was preserved. When I checked the APP, the old itinerary was still showing. After refreshing the itinerary, it showed a schedule change and to call AS.

James
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:12 pm

Ok, I am following you now. I have never booked at T-330 so I haven't seen that. All that I can suggest is contacting AS and explain that there isn't any Saver space on your required itinerary to the gateway and ask if they will waive the change fee when it becomes available and note your account.

James
Thanks, this worked. Apparently, it's actually their policy to waive change fees when adding award segments on AS metal, but it must not be well known because my MVP-line rep had to call in a supervisor and a trainer to confirm the policy. In any case, they did make a note on the reservation so the next rep won't have to track it down.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:09 pm

Is this the website or the APP? I have found that sometimes a refresh (circle with arrow at the top right of the itineraries) is required to sync your itineraries even though it is usually an automatic process.

I received an SMS from CX that my segment HKG-LAX as part of an F award next month had changed. I was moved by CX to an earlier flight and my F space was preserved. When I checked the APP, the old itinerary was still showing. After refreshing the itinerary, it showed a schedule change and to call AS.

James
This is on the website. I don't know of any way to change reservations on the app. I looked for the arrow at the top right of the itinerary and didn't see anything. I looked on both the website and the app, and saw nothing resembling an arrow.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
This is on the website. I don't know of any way to change reservations on the app. I looked for the arrow at the top right of the itinerary and didn't see anything. I looked on both the website and the app, and saw nothing resembling an arrow.
This is the refresh button when viewing the Itinerary in the APP. It should sync your itinerary.

James
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:29 pm

This is the refresh button when viewing the Itinerary in the APP. It should sync your itinerary.

James
Which App is this screen shot coming from? It looks nothing like the App for iOS. That recycle button has never appeared on my app. Plus the issue I'm having is with the website. I see nothing comparable on the website.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Which App is this screen shot coming from? It looks nothing like the App for iOS. That recycle button has never appeared on my app. Plus the issue I'm having is with the website. I see nothing comparable on the website.
For iOS, just pull down the screen from the top to refresh. Or tap on “account” and it will resync your trips.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by RetiredSFOATC
Hello Talkers. After several years as MVP, I finally got to Gold for 2020. I'm familiar with the drill as a "plain" MVP, what to look/ask for, what I don't have chance for, etc. And I have certainly read Alaska's page on Gold benefits, which, while helpful, doesn't always apply to "real world" situations. So - my questions: For those of you who have been or are currently Gold, what benefits of this status do you use and appreciate most? What tricks of the trade have you learned that would help newbies like me? From the little I have gleaned so far, it appears that SDCs are really popular. Ditto the change fee waivers (am I reading correctly that it makes sense to book something when it's only a glint in my eye, regardless of fare, knowing that I can change down the road at no cost if a better fare becomes available?).

Any suggestions, specific or general, from you experienced veterans will be greatly appreciated, including re-direction to a thread that discusses this in some detail (I looked, but couldn't find...).
A little late to chime in but VegasGambler really captured it. The award flexibility is the biggest one for me as noted. Being able to grab the main segment for big trips and add on the local legs later is huge. And being able to maybe grab just the coach local leg and wait to upgrade to better class of service if the space opens.

I also don't need to buy drinks anymore (if you like that...) Between PC or F upgrades I very rarely end up in regular Y - only happens on pmVX Airbus that haven't been retrofitted. And even there its at least the one drink as a MVPG....
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
For iOS, just pull down the screen from the top to refresh. Or tap on “account” and it will resync your trips.
Yup. So that's what I normally do in the app. But my problem is the record doesn't show the new ticket number on the website. It's as if it's in a limbo state waiting for the reservation to be ticketed, but it never gets updated. Confusing. It has been reticketed, as confirmed by the agent and the confirmation email.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Yup. So that's what I normally do in the app. But my problem is the record doesn't show the new ticket number on the website. It's as if it's in a limbo state waiting for the reservation to be ticketed, but it never gets updated. Confusing. It has been reticketed, as confirmed by the agent and the confirmation email.
You said you have ticket numbers in hand, where did you get those ticket numbers? In the email confirmation? And it shows both the old and the new ticket numbers in the email but on the website, the reservation is only showing the old ticket number which is different from the new one? Have I got that right?
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
You said you have ticket numbers in hand, where did you get those ticket numbers? In the email confirmation? And it shows both the old and the new ticket numbers in the email but on the website, the reservation is only showing the old ticket number which is different from the new one? Have I got that right?
Website is showing no ticket numbers at all. Confirmation e-mail shows both numbers.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:47 am

Website is showing no ticket numbers at all. Confirmation e-mail shows both numbers.
So what does it say under e-ticket numbers on the website? If you have both old and new ticket numbers in the email, that would seem fine to me.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Is the reservation showing up at all in My Trips?

Either way, try clicking on the search for reservation (Find by confirmation/eticket #) in My Trips, use the eticket number from your new confirmation.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 12:32 pm

Was the ticket booked with miles from your account? Or your travel companion’s? If not from yours, that could be why it isn’t showing up in your account. Either way, you can add it into your account manually using the PNR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.