Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Social Media

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Alaska Airlines Social Media

Anyone follow AS on Twitter or Instagram? How well do they do?

I noticed that Oprah's friend Gayle King's luggage was mis-routed. Instead of it going with her to Mexico, the luggage went to New York.
Gayle tweeted about it and said some AS rep was nice. Alaska Airlines "liked" that tweet.
I am not a social media etiquette expert but to me that seems awkward for AS to like a tweet which was mainly about a service failure.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wait... the bag tags were *tagged* to JFK?

Guess not everyone double checks the destination on the bag

Best of luck getting the bags back.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
They do quite well, but I use DM because I don't need the entire world (or the 100 people that may be following me) to know about my issues.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PaperGlider

I noticed that Oprah's friend Gayle King's luggage was mis-routed. Instead of it going with her to Mexico, the luggage went to New York.
Gayle tweeted about it and said some AS rep was nice. Alaska Airlines "liked" that tweet.
I am not a social media etiquette expert but to me that seems awkward for AS to like a tweet which was mainly about a service failure.
OT, but she's a CBS network news anchor. Surely this is more important than being Oprah's friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.