Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2020-2023]

Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2020-2023]

Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
DFW-PDX water, juice, or bubbles. Excellent overall service.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
SFO-PDX (Horizon) had boxed water for PDB. PDX-SFO had no PDB, though started to take orders on the ground. The latter flights FA tried to make profuse apologies in advance if this return service was like their prior flight that had too much turbulence for a meal service. A few minutes of turbulence during the climb, but otherwise hardly any bumps. They hid up front & hurried out the meal trays only after the captain announced that we were 10 minutes away from our descent.

I usually fly AA and cant understand why ASs crews take so much time to plate a pre-made snack tray, nor why certain flights are marked as dinner even though the offers are identical to flights that arent marked as having a meal service.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
0 PDB from EWR-SEA but one pax wasn't having it and demanded something.
She ended up only serving him though
Ive politely proactively asked many times.....each time we got what we wanted. Typically i am flying with my mom or other friends where they dont get upfront often and deserve the full treatment. When im on my own....i typically dont ask on the ground as i have my refillable water already.....

I called out a skywest FA when i was in 6C for not serving anything....despite smooth and not wanting to do anything. I was like this is premium and they all paid for service including a drink....she only served me only after consulting her phone (clearly seeing im a 100k and know the rules).

i wrote in requesting nothing but its got to stop. You get paid to show service and value....not for merely showing up.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:56 pm

Are we all cool with starting a new, year-specific thread for this going forward? Not sure a PDB thread dating back to 2020 is super helpful.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Are we all cool with starting a new, year-specific thread for this going forward? Not sure a PDB thread dating back to 2020 is super helpful.
yes. Given we have a marked policy focus on providing them.
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
My final flight of 2023, on 12/31, we had a really great FA (Siobhan), but she apologize for not being able to provide PDB due to catering finishing very late. I overheard her on the phone calling catering *back* as they had FAILED TO LOAD COFFEE on our morning flight. (Yikes!)

Her complaint to a colleague was pretty discreet, but I was eavesdropping on purpose by then so heard a bit more about the overall incompetence of the loading process that day. "They said it is in the drawer, but this equipment doesn't have that drawer!"

So Siobhan came around the First cabin offering apologies and taking orders during boarding, but couldn't give us drinks until we were in the air.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
MSY-SEA #569. No PDB. Flight came in early. Boarded early. Completely full flight. Left early.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Nothing for BNA-SEA (AS411) on 12/29.

Due to a Y FA coming up and joining the F FA in the jump seat for a 90-minute chat shortly after dinner, I had to go up to get a drink refill, gently remind them of dessert when there was less than an hour left in the flight, and proactively request an item from the snack basket, which was never offered.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.