FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Partner flight (HU) won't credit (no show?), 75K at stake (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2001849-partner-flight-hu-wont-credit-no-show-75k-stake.html)

pushmyredbutton Dec 30, 2019 12:35 pm

Partner flight (HU) won't credit (no show?), 75K at stake

Odd situation here -

Took the return of a roundtrip LAX-PEK HU trip earlier this month, and when it didn't credit, submitted it for manual review.

Get a response from AS customer care that:
"Unfortunately, these flights are not eligible for Mileage Plan credit as they show unused and that you did not fly."

:confused::confused: What? Upon calling, it appears the e-ticket was marked as unused, even though I did in fact fly. How best to escalate this? Calling HU to mark the e-ticket correctly is an exercise in frustration..

lawchild Dec 30, 2019 1:37 pm

I had something similar happen on the last leg of a DEN-SEA-PDX trip. I called CC and they eventually relented and credited after I insisted long enough that I had taken the flight. Do you have any passport stamps or parking receipts, etc, that would correlate with the flight time and date?

VegasGambler Dec 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Can you pay a change fee and use the ticket again?

atcanobbio Dec 30, 2019 7:40 pm

i request manual credit on my HU flights that I flew over thanksgiving weekend. I submitted it on the 3rd of the month. A week later, I nothing. I checked my miles activity and saw that I was given credit but then credit canceled. I was like wth. Initially, I submitted 2 of the 4 bps with my expedia reservation confirmation email. I emailed AS about it on the 13th and they said they stated:

"We will be forwarding the flight information to the partner airline for confirmation. You can expect the miles for eligible travel to post within 4-6 weeks, since we need to have the partner verify eligibility and then return the approved flight information.

Miles for partner flights are awarded subject to approval by the partner airline, and are based on the fare class purchased and the number of miles traveled. Please check the partner airline page on our website for additional information on how partner flight credits are awarded "

maybe they submitted for verification because I, initially, did not submit all of the BPs? Soon after that email, I got a hold of the remaining bps and re-submitted all of my BPs. Haven't heard anything from AS at all. I feel I'm gonna submit another request again.

mikexner Dec 31, 2019 1:25 am

Call them. When you get a person on the phone they become more invested. It’s very easy to send a stock email reply. Not so easy when you reply back with questions in real time.