Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
On the January 10 SFO-JFK flight at 9am:

Carfield and NeosMom like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Lunch starts at 10:00 a.m.

Originally Posted by Bellerina
Also does anyone know what time they switch from breakfast options to Lunch? My flight is as 10:25 so I kind of thought it might be breakfast offered, but I'm pleasantly surprised it's lunch (landing time is 12:40, so I can see why lunch would make sense).
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, exiled from AA (2.7MM)

3Jan
AS610
SEA-SMF 9:45am
Multiple passes with beverage choices and snack basket. I was watered enough to deal with my stepmother upon arrival.

13Jan
AS3486 (skywest)
MRY-SAN 11:30am
One serving of beverage and snack basket.

13Jan
AS2677 (horizon)
SAN-PAE 2:20pm
Several offers of beverages! Thank goodness I switched to sparkling water at some point. It came with a lime each time.
Lunch: I was asleep in 2A during order taking. FA apologized that the only choice was now chicken sandwich. I thought it was delicious. Ciabatta bread, chicken breast slices/chunks, cheese and bacon. There was a bag of chips and a mint chocolate. I had cutlery to slice the sandwich with, so I treated myself to two separate halves. I figured out that the other choice was a protein plate, but I could not get a good view of it. 1D and 2D were empty (!) and 2F also had the chicken sandwich. 3D had the protein plate but I didn't want to stare at him to try to see what was on it. Hard to imagine any surprises though. Pre-order not available, presumably because QX was operator.
NeosMom likes this.

Last edited by ACBLtd; Jan 16, 2020 at 8:00 pm Reason: Adding photo (next time I’ll open the sammitch!)
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta PM
Hey everyone!

I am booked in FC on ELP - SEA on a QX E175 in March, and I am wondering what the meal service will look like for a dinner flight with block time of 4 hours. From what I can gather reading other posts for meal service on QX flights, it will be a choice between a sandwich and chips or a protein plate. Is this a safe assumption?

Does QX usually also provide PDBs, warm nuts, and/or Snack Basket passes on these flights?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll
I would say the Chicken Sandwich was a good choice for a warm option. It did need more aioli but was tasty. Comes with chips, which my partner really loves.
Cold choices or either Fruit and Cheese Platter or Protein Plate.
As far as switching from breakfast to lunch, I thought it is 10:30am. Perhaps, they are now changing over after 10am??
Probably depends on catering at airport.
i overheard an FA today say they switch to lunch at 10am. The chicken sandwich looked good from my envious eyes in row 6
pcoll and Bellerina like this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
A mini bottle of hot sauce would liven the sandwich significantly.
If you fly AS through LAX, stop at Wahoo's and pick up some packets of hot sauce. They have little packets of Tapatio, Cholula, and Tabasco like the ketchup packets other places have. If I don't have time for dinner before I head for the airport I usually get a burrito at Wahoo and grab a few extra packets of hot sauce for emergencies. They travel in my 3-1-1 bag (which confused the family members I was visiting over the holidays).

Originally Posted by Bellerina
How was the Chicken Sandwich? It's being offered as a pre-order option on my SJC-SEA fight on the 26th. And as another user commented, it doesn't look that great, but then again, I don't think the appearanc of the sandwiches has ever been great.
It's ok. I ate mine a little too hot - probably should have let it cool a bit first. It's a little greasy, so a little cooler, and maybe a little less aioli (or the aioli on the side as someone else mentioned) might be nice.

My first AS flight of the year:
AS 1801
LAX-PDX
Dep 1955
Menu: no
Meal type not identified in advance
Options were Protein Platter or Gochujang Chicken Sandwich w/chips
Snack Basket: no

FA did offer a PDB (OJ or Champagne). I know that's a different thread, but I'm lazy.
Nuts were served warm with first drink
Bellerina likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:12 pm

DCA — SEA Meal Pics

Date: January 2020
Route: DCA --> SEA
Flight Number: 1
Departure time: 8:00 a.m.
Menu: Yes
Meal description -- Breakfast: See menu card

Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:19 pm

SEA — DCA Meal Pics

Route: SEA --> DCA
Flight Number: 2
Departure time: 2:00 p.m.
Meal description -- Lunch: See menu card. Ice cream was Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons

Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Robert
Route: SEA --> DCA
Flight Number: 2
Departure time: 2:00 p.m.
Meal description -- Lunch: See menu card. Ice cream was Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons

Looks great to me, I'm having that next week. What'd you think?
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Looks great to me, I'm having that next week. What'd you think?
The meal was indeed excellent, NoLaGent. I'm glad I opted for the chicken over the pasta option as it seemed more substantial. Not a huge fan of raisins in the couscous but overall very pleased. AS meals continue to delight; so much better than American or United's catering.
sltlyamusd and NoLaGent like this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Robert
The meal was indeed excellent, NoLaGent. I'm glad I opted for the chicken over the pasta option as it seemed more substantial. Not a huge fan of raisins in the couscous but overall very pleased. AS meals continue to delight; so much better than American or United's catering.
Thanks for the report! And you're right. I flew UA a couple of weeks ago and had the tandoori chicken. The same tandoori chicken that I had 2 years ago.

AS is far better than the Big 3 right now.
Robert likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Ditto the Thai noodles with chicken, the buffalo mac and cheese, the cold noodle salad with sliced beef, the (paltry) fruit and cheese plate, the egg-white pastry and about 800 dried-out Ghirardelli chocolate squares!

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Thanks for the report! And you're right. I flew UA a couple of weeks ago and had the tandoori chicken. The same tandoori chicken that I had 2 years ago.

AS is far better than the Big 3 right now.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
Date: 1/21/2020
Route: PDX-DAL
Flight Number: 2820
Departure time: 1610
Menu: No
Meal description: Chicken Pesto sandwich (delicious), Luke’s Potato Chips, Seattle Chocolate “Champagne”

Warm nuts with a second filling (F went out half full).

Snack basket WAS offered. Correcting prior post! Great flight.

Last edited by davew-krdm; Jan 21, 2020 at 8:42 pm
Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Date: 1/20/20
Route: PDX-LAX
Flight Number: 548
Departure Time: 2130
Meal Description: none

No meal.

Snack basket was brought around twice.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Date: 22 Jan 2020
Route: ANC-SEA
Flight Number: AS88
Departure time: 9:55 AM
Meal description: Breakfast: Bacon & Egg Ciabatta Sandwich (photo up thread) or Breakfast Protein Plate

Snack basket offered: Y

It was tasty but too small to really be called breakfast. OJ and coffee offered PBD but no smoothie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.