A320 Seat Selection

Old Dec 24, 19, 3:30 pm
HAF
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AAPlatinum, UA Exec. Premier, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, Southwest.....
A320 Seat Selection

Hi All -

I have an upcoming trip SFO-AUS-SFO; Seems the equipment was just changed from the old VS A320 to the reconfigured and i was lucky to be upgraded on the inbound.

On the outbound I am still premium class and hoping an upgrade will open up.

I have assigned 6A SFO-AUS and 2F AUS-SFO. Although I like sitting by the window I like to be able to easily -without disturbing my neighbors too much - be able to get up to visit the lav. What is your advice? Shall I switch to aisle? I am familiar with 6A on 737s where 6A/F has plenty of legroom to stand up without disturbing the people sitting next to you, but not sure about the A320....

Thank you
--HAF

Here are how seat maps look like:

SFO-AUS

AUS-SFO
Old Dec 24, 19, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
6A is my favorite bulkhead seat (I'm a window person) and the legroom there makes it easy to pass by, unless they have their legs on the wall...

2F is great in the new config, DO NOT SIT IN ROW 1. As noted in other threads, it's the worst.
Old Dec 25, 19, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
I find it considerably easier to get past the person in the aisle seat when I’m in 1A/F than in 2A/F or 3A/F ... the bulkhead doesn’t object when I lean against it
Old Dec 25, 19, 1:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
I find it considerably easier to get past the person in the aisle seat when I’m in 1A/F than in 2A/F or 3A/F ... the bulkhead doesn’t object when I lean against it
agree on AS737s and pre-refurb airbus planes. One can get by without the person in the aisle seat getting up. Disagree on the post-refurb airbus planes. On those post-refurb planes, Row 1 has by far the least amount of pitch out of any row on the plane—even worse than row 6. Pitch is so small that I’ve seen one 6’4” man get the FA to find someone in PE to switch with them. If someone is 6’ or taller is in the row 1 aisle, there’s no way you’re getting past with them seated.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 2:11 am

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Originally Posted by jjmadison View Post
agree on AS737s and pre-refurb airbus planes. One can get by without the person in the aisle seat getting up. Disagree on the post-refurb airbus planes. On those post-refurb planes, Row 1 has by far the least amount of pitch out of any row on the plane—even worse than row 6. Pitch is so small that I’ve seen one 6’4” man get the FA to find someone in PE to switch with them. If someone is 6’ or taller is in the row 1 aisle, there’s no way you’re getting past with them seated.
Exactly. Considering the OPs questions were regarding post-refurb configs on both legs, my comments stand as seen above.

Row 1 on this version is horrible, and they should really consider modifying it.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Dec 25, 19, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
point taken ... I’m 5-6, not as lithe as I used to be, but not too bulky, and I’ve basically been living in Row 1 for the past 6-8 months’ worth of F flights because I’m tired of annoying both seatmates and people in a row in front
Old Dec 25, 19, 11:12 am
HAF
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AAPlatinum, UA Exec. Premier, Hilton, Marriott, Delta, Southwest.....
Equipment was changed back to pre-refurb - and so I grabbed 1F for both flights. Now i hope they won't swap to the new configuration again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: