Exchange points with WN, F or JB

Old Dec 23, 19, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
Exchange points with WN, F or JB

In the near future, I'll be commuting quite a bit between MCO and SEA. After a good bit of research, it looks like Alaska has the best flights for this route. The problem is that I really don't fly Alaska anywhere else (in fact, I've never flown them before). I usually travel on the East coast and in the Southeast, and almost always via Southwest (preferred), Jetblue or Frontier (last resort). Has anyone found a channel for exchanging points between Alaska and any of these airlines?
Old Dec 23, 19, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
I'm afraid there isn't a good way to transfer AS miles between any of those programs. I believe there is a convoluted way to change TrueBlue points into IHG or Bonvoy points and then to AS miles, but this would yield a terrible final value.
Old Dec 24, 19, 3:31 am

Assuming that you are trying to convert away from Alaska, if you do any international leisure travel (or have any desire to), I'd suggest not doing the conversion. AS has mileage (not revenue) based accrual and SEA-MCO is 5100+ mile round trip. I'm not sure what you mean by "quite a bit" but 8+ trips per year will get you to gold which will have you earning over 10k miles per round trip. You can also status match to get a head start.

You should take a look at the award charts for partners -- you will be earning enough miles to make some good redemptions.

Also, assuming that you earn enough miles (which it sounds like you do) having them in a few different programs is useful, just for flexibility.
Old Dec 24, 19, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex MR, Southwest RR
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "quite a bit" but 8+ trips per year will get you to gold which will have you earning over 10k miles per round trip. You can also status match to get a head start.
Initially, I'll be flying MCO-SEA every Sunday and SEA-MCO overnight Thursday night... so it will be a weekly thing. In theory, that would be 52 trips a year, but I doubt I'll be able to keep up that pace very long. I probably could have when I was younger, but not these days. The accrual sounds great, so I guess I'll just let the miles build and use them to take trips I wouldn't normally take.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Dec 24, 19, 9:44 am

Programs: AS and if I can't avoid it, UA. IHG Spire Amb, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Keith Evans View Post
Initially, I'll be flying MCO-SEA every Sunday and SEA-MCO overnight Thursday night... so it will be a weekly thing. In theory, that would be 52 trips a year, but I doubt I'll be able to keep up that pace very long. I probably could have when I was younger, but not these days. The accrual sounds great, so I guess I'll just let the miles build and use them to take trips I wouldn't normally take.
Your accrual is going to be amazing, and if you do that weekly for the 1st Qtr. of '20, you'll be MVPG75K by the end of March/beginning of April (which means you'll have it through 12/31/21). That status threshold will give you a 50k bonus along with GGUs and other great benefits.

Additionally, if you have status with any of your preferred carriers, you should do a status match challenge and you'll make it to 75k even quicker...

https://www.alaskaairstatusmatch.com

Search this Thread
Search Engine: