FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Crediting on AS and MPC on different segment of Itinerary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2000745-crediting-mpc-different-segment-itinerary.html)

pocky87 Dec 21, 2019 5:41 am

Crediting on AS and MPC on different segment of Itinerary

Hi There, I know there are many similar threads probably having the same situation, but I need help to minimize risk of having all the miles credited into 1 FFP as all the segments are under 1 itinerary..
I have a Business Class flight bought under JL:
SGN-NRT
NRT-LAX
LAX-ORD (Operated by AA, JL codeshare)

I've keyed in my AS FFP number into the itinerary and as all of you would know, AS wouldn't credit the miles for the LAX-ORD segment. I saw on similar thread before that I can request on the transfer desk to have the LAX-ORD boarding pass credited to Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club, but I've also seen similar issues where instead of just the domestic segment, the international segment might also be credited to Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club (For some reason), and I just wanted to minimize the risk of calling different airlines just to get the right segment credited to the right frequent flyer programme.

Would anyone has any advice on this please? By the way I was a bit hesitant to leave the FFP number empty on the itinerary because I'm just so close to attaining the MVP status.

Thanks Loads and have a great festive season

eponymous_coward Dec 21, 2019 6:41 am

Remove your FFP from ALL segments, keep boarding passes, mail them in for credit?

pocky87 Dec 21, 2019 7:31 am

Do you think it will be better if I indicate the FFP right at the gate per sector?

tonei Dec 22, 2019 8:55 am

Originally Posted by pocky87 (Post 31863250)
Do you think it will be better if I indicate the FFP right at the gate per sector?

I don’t think this changes the likelihood of things posting correctly or incorrectly. I’d second eponymous_coward’s recommendation.

channa Dec 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by pocky87 (Post 31863250)

Do NOT do this. There is no FFN field per segment. The agents will just change it in the record when you ask. And then you won't know how it posts. Some airlines sweep after the flight, some sweep after the trip/direction/day. You risk posting to the wrong program this way.

I also would not remove it.

The easiest thing to do is put the AS FFN in the whole thing.

Let the miles for the JL stuff post to AS.

The AA leg will not post.

Go to AA's site after the fact and request missing miles for the AA leg using the ticket number. They will be able to see that the AA leg was not creditable to AS and post it. Sometimes it even works through the automated system. If not, it's a few days for a manual post.

eddiehuang97 Dec 22, 2019 1:23 pm

I always just put AS number in and for those segments that don’t qualify I submit a missing credit request.