BA Starting PDX-LHR (June 1, 2020)

Old Dec 18, 19, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
BA Starting PDX-LHR (June 1, 2020)

Year round.

Great news for Mileage Plan members in Portland. Also great news for AS from a feed and connections standpoint.

https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...11920?ref=Home
Old Dec 18, 19, 1:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVPG
Great news indeed! PDX getting lots of love from international carriers.

My only pet peeve is that you still gotta pay those seat selection fees w/AS status.
williwaw and notquiteaff like this.
Old Dec 18, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Good news. I prefer connecting in PDX instead of SEA.

the airline will launch a five-per-week service to the city from Heathrow Terminal 5.”

Funny that they seem to think T5 is a selling point. I really don’t like that terminal and how it operates, especially if I have to connect. But hey, beggars can’t be choosers.
wrp96 and Visconti like this.
Old Dec 18, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Y award inventory is available. I didn't look too hard but I couldn't find any J.
Old Dec 18, 19, 2:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Avis, Hilton, Hyatt, Bonvoy, GHA, Global Entry
Is it on the 788 or 789? I believe the 789 has the F suites while the 788 is all considered J. I flew BA F on the 777, it wasn't bad at all. I imagine the 789 would be even more pleasant in F.
Old Dec 18, 19, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer View Post
Is it on the 788 or 789? I believe the 789 has the F suites while the 788 is all considered J. I flew BA F on the 777, it wasn't bad at all. I imagine the 789 would be even more pleasant in F.
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 19, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post

Ēthe airline will launch a five-per-week service to the city from Heathrow Terminal 5.Ē

Funny that they seem to think T5 is a selling point. I really donít like that terminal and how it operates, especially if I have to connect. But hey, beggars canít be choosers.
T5 is much better than T3, especially when traveling on a F award. The Concorde Room is awesome.
Old Dec 18, 19, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs View Post
T5 is much better than T3, especially when traveling on a F award. The Concorde Room is awesome.
Donít know if I have ever seen T3. I really just hate the way they herd you to the main concourse to wait for the connection, the security upon arrival, and the waiting for gate assignments and the subsequent rush to get to the gate in some remote concourse via train. After a long TATL I just want to sit down in peace and enjoy a coffee and some bite to eat while waiting for my connection.

For sure I have never seen the Concorde Room from the inside. I have mostly been flying revenue Premium Economy on BA in recent years, both to get AS EQMs and because it is a reasonable product when business class is unavailable at acceptable cost on any suitable carrier. The BA business class lounges and the PP Lounge seem to be a zoo every time I go there.
Old Dec 18, 19, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS G75K, Hilton Diamond
Yep. Concorde Room is awesome. Done it a few times now. I love laying on a lounger on the deck and watch everything going on below.
Old Dec 18, 19, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
This is great news, too bad it isn't a 789. I think the only west coast city with 789 F service is SJC.
Old Dec 18, 19, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by jsguyrus View Post
I think the only west coast city with 789 F service is SJC.
It switches to a 747-400 from March 29, 2020 until October 24, 2020.
Old Dec 18, 19, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post

Ēthe airline will launch a five-per-week service to the city from Heathrow Terminal 5.Ē

Funny that they seem to think T5 is a selling point. I really donít like that terminal and how it operates, especially if I have to connect. But hey, beggars canít be choosers.
If you are flying BA to connect through LHR onto another destination, T5-T5 is a selling point over a T3-T5 transit. Even though the terminal itself can be a chore.
Old Dec 18, 19, 6:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, AC 50K, Bonvoy Titanium
Has anyone seen any business class award availability via the Alaska website for this route? I see economy seats available, but so far no business
Old Dec 18, 19, 6:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titatium, Hertz PC
This is significant in that PDX based travelers will now be able to get to just about any major Euro destination with only one connection via a mileage plan partner (yes I know about Icelandair).
Old Dec 18, 19, 8:09 pm

A good day for west coast travelers headed to Europe as in addition to this flight UA also announced a new SFO-DUB route.
AKLifetimeFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: