Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Starting PDX-LHR (June 1, 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ysbyvr
Has anyone seen any business class award availability via the Alaska website for this route? I see economy seats available, but so far no business
Noticed this too - Y or F awards (F books into Y transatlantic on AA and F on the connections)
ft543 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
A good day for west coast travelers headed to Europe as in addition to this flight UA also announced a new SFO-DUB route.
Doesn't EI operate that route already?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
A good day for west coast travelers headed to Europe as in addition to this flight UA also announced a new SFO-DUB route.
DUB is freaking awesome! I wish EI would run ANC-DUB seasonally. I think it would do fairly well.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
T5 is much better than T3, especially when traveling on a F award. The Concorde Room is awesome.
I find the CX and QF lounges at T3 are better than T5, but that's just my preference. Hard to beat the CX noodle bar.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mildfrequence
Yes. But I happen to have UA Gold status and a few hundred thousand URs to burn.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Yes... a lot of tech traffic filling seats up front. Google has a large DUB presence and I'm guessing UA wants a piece of the action.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, HH
Sure. My point is really just that there's already an AS partner doing it
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Sure. My point is really just that there's already an AS partner doing it
Right, it’s a fair point (especially in the context of this forum... I was just excited about more options for west coasters)
Old Dec 21, 2019, 1:04 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
If I never have to connect through SEA again it will be too soon. I wish the route was starting sooner. We have another trip in March.

EI have connections to TLV or Turkey? I am grateful to BA's prompt arrival in lovely PDX.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ijkh
If I never have to connect through SEA again it will be too soon. I wish the route was starting sooner. We have another trip in March.

EI have connections to TLV or Turkey? I am grateful to BA's prompt arrival in lovely PDX.
DL/KL via AMS?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Originally Posted by Chugach
DL/KL via AMS?
If I could get AS miles sure but they aren't partner airlines anymore.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by ijkh
If I could get AS miles sure but they aren't partner airlines anymore.
PDX based flyer here. I moved almost all my international travel over to DL a few years ago. Use the AMS/NRT flights regularly, and LHR a bit.
My life has been a lot easier than connecting in SEA and not worrying about MP EQMs.

Plus I ended up Plat on DL.

--
BA flight will be interesting for sure, but, I'm sticking with DL for international and AS for West Coast / PDX-non stops.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:39 am

Any rumors about AS lounge access for this flight? No news on the BA forum.

Anyone else on the inaugural LHR-PDX flight?
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Any rumors about AS lounge access for this flight? No news on the BA forum.
So people keep asking this, but I mean if you are based in PDX, you should know the lounge setup as well as anyone. The lounge situation at PDX, to be gentle, is sad...

What do you you propose they do? AS Boardroom would be the obvious one, but if you are a regular AS flier and use that lounge, do you believe it could handle the additional traffic it would get from a long haul, wide-body flight? I mean it seems the Boardroom at PDX can barely handle the passengers they currently serve at the moment?

Do you think BA would build a lounge for a brand new, untested long haul flight and in a somewhat minor market?

Given what you know is available at PDX, what would you propose they do?

Regards
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
So people keep asking this, but I mean if you are based in PDX, you should know the lounge setup as well as anyone. The lounge situation at PDX, to be gentle, is sad...

What do you you propose they do? AS Boardroom would be the obvious one, but if you are a regular AS flier and use that lounge, do you believe it could handle the additional traffic it would get from a long haul, wide-body flight? I mean it seems the Boardroom at PDX can barely handle the passengers they currently serve at the moment?

Do you think BA would build a lounge for a brand new, untested long haul flight and in a somewhat minor market?

Given what you know is available at PDX, what would you propose they do?

Regards
If you allow the 35 club world passengers access, chances are only a fraction would go. It might not overwhelm the lounge, and if it does, AS would see even more reason to expand the AS lounge! There are rumors of another satellite/lounge expansion plan as it is so there is potential.

This is an important partner flight for AS and it would behoove them to make accommodations to ensure it's a success, especially with direct competition from DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.