FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Catering & Brand Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1999713-catering-brand-changes.html)

Robert Dec 13, 2019 1:59 pm

Catering & Brand Changes

These changes go into effect Monday, December 16:

· New system-wide meal menu in both First Class and Main Cabin

· New Main Cabin Chardonnay (Healdsburg Ranches)

· New First Class wines (Browne Tribute Red Blend, Browne Family Vineyards Generations Cabernet Sauvignon, and Chardonnay)

· New featured cocktail, “Coffee with a Twist”
--Ice, Hazelnut Espresso Vodka, Cream
--Mules remain on the menu

· Premium Long-Haul Main Cabin holiday mint service (on flights with tablets)

JacksonFlyer Dec 13, 2019 2:56 pm

Catering changes. Any Brand changes?

ASA_1 Dec 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Does that mean my meal reservation for a flight on 12/19 will be invalid? I’ll check back Monday to see if options change.

They typically only cater a few hazelnut vodkas, so hopefully they increase the number. I love adding them to my coffee with some baileys.

Robert Dec 13, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer (Post 31837429)
Catering changes. Any Brand changes?

I take it that the "brand" changes refer to the new wine offerings. @:-)

Robert Dec 13, 2019 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1 (Post 31837554)
Does that mean my meal reservation for a flight on 12/19 will be invalid? I’ll check back Monday to see if options change.

They typically only cater a few hazelnut vodkas, so hopefully they increase the number. I love adding them to my coffee with some baileys.

Catering will indeed be increased. The communication states "10 extra hazelnut espresso vodkas are added to each main cabin beverage cart."

RAD_PDX Dec 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1 (Post 31837554)

My 12/18 options are Butternut Squash Ravioli and Chicken Breast with Harissa Chicken Jus. I believe these are both new offerings.

bon mot Dec 13, 2019 4:22 pm

· New featured cocktail, “Coffee with a Twist”
--Ice, Hazelnut Espresso Vodka, Cream

That would be double hazelnut espresso vodka - IIRC it's only 50 proof :D

ASA_1 Dec 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 31837585)
My 12/18 options are Butternut Squash Ravioli and Chicken Breast with Harissa Chicken Jus. I believe these are both new offerings.

I had the chicken during a November flight. It was great!

RAD_PDX Dec 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1 (Post 31837808)
I had the chicken during a November flight. It was great!

Not a new offering then, I guess :D Hopefully I still get to try it!

rustykettel Dec 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by robert (Post 31837247)
these changes go into effect monday, december 16:

· premium long-haul main cabin holiday mint service (on flights with tablets)

😄:😂🤣

PDXPremier Dec 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 31837943)
��:����

Lol....are we talking about giving everyone a little candy mint in main cabin? Wow, that's quite a change unless they mean "Would you like a package of Biscoff cookies or the holiday mint?". Honestly, I'd rather just have the Premium class snack AND the main cabin cookie when I'm in Premium class, but I guess I'll take the mint :)

ASA_1 Dec 13, 2019 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 31837813)
Not a new offering then, I guess :D Hopefully I still get to try it!

Well, my point is the menu might get refreshed on Monday, meaning we should check back then if options have changed!

jjmadison Dec 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 31837563)
Catering will indeed be increased. The communication states "10 extra hazelnut espresso vodkas are added to each main cabin beverage cart."

great! 10 is about right for me on the DCA-SFO route.

Xrayman Dec 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX (Post 31837585)

This ravioli and this chicken has been served since early November (and I’m having the chicken as I reply now)

rustykettel Dec 13, 2019 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 31837974)
Lol....are we talking about giving everyone a little candy mint in main cabin?

But only on premium long haul routes (BOS/NY/DC). Meanwhile, the competition has been offering complimentary meals on their premium transcon routes, though I realize that doesn't compete with signature water service and holiday mint service.