FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   20% off Alaska Air Flights courtesy of Starbucks - thru 11:59 p.m. (PT) 12/13/19 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1999400-20-off-alaska-air-flights-courtesy-starbucks-thru-11-59-p-m-pt-12-13-19-a.html)

diver858 Dec 11, 2019 12:23 pm

20% off Alaska Air Flights courtesy of Starbucks - thru 11:59 p.m. (PT) 12/13/19

Shamelessly copied from https://slickdeals.net/f/13712276-20...-starbucks?v=1

From Starbucks in their Happy Hour message for Happy Hour on 12/12/19: Get up to 20% off flights anywhere Alaska flies—Hawai'i, Mexico and coast to coast—when you book travel by 11:59 p.m. (PT) 12/13/19. Visit alaskaair.com/happyhour and use the discount code "IFLYALASKA." Plus another 5% back ($15 max) from Chase.

Was planning a biz trip in early January, fare was a bit on the high side, code made it impossible to resist.

Also compared a couple of BF tickets to Hawaii, subject code came in about $1 less - not enough to go through the hassle of re-ticketing.

beckoa Dec 11, 2019 1:02 pm

ANC RED-EYE
gave me a heads up- misread his message- good thru 3/4/20.

Complete T&C's:

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com

Starbucks Rewards Discount

About discount codes

Discount code terms

code:
IFLYALASKA

Discount: This offer is intended for Starbucks rewards customers only.
Valid for one discount of 20% off travel Monday - Thursday, or 10% off travel Friday - Sunday, on coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com. Fare basis code information can be found in the section entitled "View Fare and Baggage Rule" on the Itinerary and Price Summary page. Fare types that are ineligible for this discount may be lower than other fares with discount code applied. One discount allowed per reservation. Discount not valid on all fares, including but not limited to Mileage Plan Award Reservations, Alaska Airlines Vacation packages, tour or contract fares, and many privately filed fares. Any Discount Code value remaining after purchase is forfeited.

Reservations & Ticketing: Valid for new ticket purchases only at alaskaair.com. Discount Code cannot be applied to tickets that have already been purchased and issued. Discount Code is relinquished at time of ticketing and void for future purchases. Credit card required for purchase.

Passengers: Up to 6 people per Discount Code, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare.

Routes: Discount valid between all Alaska Airlines cities (excluding Prudhoe Bay). Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available.

Advance Purchase: Per applicable fare rules.

Purchase By: December 13, 2019.

Travel Valid From: January 7, 2020.

Travel Complete: March 4, 2020.

Blackout Dates: February 13-23, 2020.

Minimum & Maximum Stay: Per applicable fare rules.

Flights: Valid only on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, and flights operated on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon Air, SkyWest, and PenAir. Not valid on codeshare flights.

Taxes, Fees and Surcharges: Passenger is responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, including checked baggage fees.

Combinability: Not valid with any other discounts, including Discount Codes, coupons, discount programs, MyAccount online discount, or other arrangements.

Changes and Refunds: Changes and refunds are allowed per the applicable fare rule and will result in the forfeiture of the Discount Code in cases where the modified itinerary does not qualify for the discount. Once issued, tickets are not transferable.

Mileage Plan: Mileage Plan credit applies and upgrades are allowed.

Transferability: Discount Codes may not be sold, bought, bartered, auctioned or collected in bulk. Any deemed by Alaska to have been distributed or acquired improperly will not be honored and traveler will be responsible for payment of full fare.

Additional Terms: All rules of alaskaair.com and the applicable published fare not mentioned within these terms and conditions apply.

Other: Discount Codes have no cash value and are not valid for travel. Lost or stolen Discount Codes cannot be replaced. Alaska has the final authority regarding Discount Code redemption. Travel is subject to Alaska's contract of carriage. Terms and conditions as written herein are final and cannot be changed by any statement or representation of any unauthorized person, including employees of Alaska/Horizon or issuing organization. Other restrictions may apply and Alaska reserves the right to suspend or change this offer without notice.

Where the hint is:

https://www.starbucks.com/promo/happyhour

Originally Posted by starbucks.com

Buy one, share one with a friend

This month, the merry keeps going and going and going. That’s because Happy Hour is happening every Thursday from 2–7 p.m. at participating stores.

Join us for buy one, get one free on any handcrafted drink, grande or larger. Meet your bestie, catch up with an old pal or take a break with a co-worker. It’s a great way to celebrate the holidays.

Just download the Starbucks® app, and then watch your inbox on Thursdays for your Happy Hour coupon. Also be sure to keep an eye out for an extra-special Happy Hour this month (hint: you can enjoy your coffee at 30,000 feet).

(emphasis mine)

dieselbear Dec 11, 2019 2:28 pm

Wow. Thanks! Was able to do PDX-NYC for less than $400 RT in F using GGUs.

VBoogie Dec 11, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by diver858 (Post 31829862)
Shamelessly copied from https://slickdeals.net/f/13712276-20...-starbucks?v=1

From Starbucks in their Happy Hour message for Happy Hour on 12/12/19: Get up to 20% off flights anywhere Alaska flies—Hawai'i, Mexico and coast to coast—when you book travel by 11:59 p.m. (PT) 12/13/19. Visit alaskaair.com/happyhour and use the discount code "IFLYALASKA." Plus another 5% back ($15 max) from Chase.

Was planning a biz trip in early January, fare was a bit on the high side, code made it impossible to resist.

Also compared a couple of BF tickets to Hawaii, subject code came in about $1 less - not enough to go through the hassle of re-ticketing.

Should nicely stack up with the Amex Alaska spend $200 get $40 back.

jrl767 Dec 11, 2019 8:42 pm

saw this shortly before leaving for the airport this morning and promptly forgot about it until now ... snagged a couple of SEA-SoCal trips that we were planning on booking in the next couple weeks anyway :cool:

williwaw Dec 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Never done a Q1 mileage run, but the fares for PDX-SFO-JFK are tempting. Go get some Italian with the cousins and fly back with a bag of bagels....

tatterdema Dec 12, 2019 12:41 am

Starbucks is better to AS customers than AS is. Sure beats my birthday present from AS, by a looooong shot.

CDKing Dec 12, 2019 4:40 am

Probably a dumb idea on my part but i decided to do 2x Mileage runs. Though these don't work well for us east coast elites.
I decided to book two same day red-eye return in saver BOS-SFO-BOS with 45 min connect in January. Wish me luck.

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 31829994)
ANC RED-EYE
gave me a heads up- misread his message- good thru 3/4/20.

I saw those $300 RTs in saver ANC/BOS, this should knock out 75K for you before spring ;)

jiburi Dec 12, 2019 9:41 am

What a find. I cancelled and rebooked all of my booking for Jan to March. Roundtrip travel is not required and travel is valid for Sunday as well.

...just be careful not to cancel basic economy tickets....

Gained $120 in credits to my walllet. :)

Jiburi

Visconti Dec 12, 2019 9:49 am

Likewise, many thanks! Was able to rebook some flights and save a good amount.

cloudybw Dec 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Great! I just booked enough trips to (almost) qualify for MVP Gold during the promotion period.

beckoa Dec 12, 2019 6:33 pm

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5e26f6fed8.jpg
Ok, I went out and got an eggnog frappe during happy hour. Second was a peppermint mocha frappe.

Guess I can go buy some flights :D

flyupfrnt Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm

Booked a PHX trip I was planning on anyways. Saved a few bucks. I searched a handful of city pairs. Not an amazing value as fares aren’t particularly aggressive to most city pairs right now out of SEA / PAE

Flying for Fun Dec 13, 2019 12:31 am

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt (Post 31835070)
Booked a PHX trip I was planning on anyways. Saved a few bucks. I searched a handful of city pairs. Not an amazing value as fares aren’t particularly aggressive to most city pairs right now out of SEA / PAE

I cancelled and rebooked PHX-PDX-LAX for mid January. Fare dropped from $234 to $169. JFK-SEA-YLW was at a higher fare bucket so the fare with the discount was more than I originally paid. Two other circle trips with companion certificates, of course, weren't eligible.

James

tatterdema Dec 13, 2019 1:01 am

Originally Posted by flyupfrnt (Post 31835070)

Depends on where/when you are going I guess. I find SEA-SAN for $49, SEA-LAS or PHX for $59, and SEA-SNA or ONT for $69 pretty aggressive.