Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS AMEX Sync Offer (Several Cards, but Targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS AMEX Sync Offer (Several Cards, but Targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
It’s interesting to see these offers for my CSR and my Amex plat card, but nothing useful for my BofA AS Visa. I assume AS is at least partially funding these discounts.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Didn't get this one on my Blue, Green, or Everyday. But if it is a sign that AS and AXP are planning to work together more, it is very welcome.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by direwolfpdx
Odd, none for me on my Plat or Gold. I have to assume at least some of you are using the airline credit for AS.
AS is set as my airline for Plat/Gold/Aspire, but only my Gold got the offer.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Here's a question for everyone: do you charge AS tickets to the card that you got the offer for?

My theory with AMEX offers is that they tend to send you offers for places that you don't generally charge on the card or haven't charged at in the past few years.. I haven't had a good offer from AMEX since last year.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by formeraa
Here's a question for everyone: do you charge AS tickets to the card that you got the offer for?

My theory with AMEX offers is that they tend to send you offers for places that you don't generally charge on the card or haven't charged at in the past few years.. I haven't had a good offer from AMEX since last year.
Yes, I've charged several K from AS to my AMEX Plat this year.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I don't have it on any of my AmEx cards. So sad
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
I believe seeing the offer has to do with the default mailing address attached to your card. At least for me, this promotion wasn't showing up until I switched to my SF address. Then it showed up instantly under offers.
missamo80 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jjmadison
I believe seeing the offer has to do with the default mailing address attached to your card. At least for me, this promotion wasn't showing up until I switched to my SF address. Then it showed up instantly under offers.
I'd buy that since Alaska wants to get California people to buy.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

I added the offer to my Plat card, which I have used occasionally for AS purchases. I did not check my three other Amex cards, but I often get the same offers on more than one card (they disappear once added on one card). Obviously, with 5X the Plat was the logical choice in this case.

Originally Posted by jjmadison
I don’t have a CA address on my Amex account anymore. PNW FTW.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist

Nope. I book 100% of my AS flights on my Plat, but it showed on my Gold.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:16 pm
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

How will this work with the airline fee credit? Will Amex deduct this first before this kicks in at $200?

This is handy because it’s across multiple transactions.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS 75K

I don't think I've ever bought a ticket on my card.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Thanks for the heads up! I have a trip coming up on AS and will be able to use this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 5:55 am

Interestingly enough, I didn't get this offer on any cards, which is quite a few of them between business & personal.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
if I buy 4 50 AS GC, can I combine these gift cards in one PNR later?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.