BA U Class Miles on AS?

Old Nov 25, 19, 5:26 am
Original Poster

BA U Class Miles on AS?

So I am flying on BA today for the first time. Upon check in I was offered to upgrade to Biz class for my flight so I did it. When looking at it online it states selling class was U. I do not see U class anywhere on AS website. And it looks like U class on BA is award travel and so it gets 0 miles. I found some website from 2014 so not sure if that is still accurate. The ticket does say Club Europe though.

Does anyone have any experience with paying for an upgrade on BA and getting/not miles for your flight?
Old Nov 25, 19, 5:54 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
You should get miles based on your original booking class, as reflected on your ticket receipt.
Old Nov 25, 19, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonei View Post
You should get miles based on your original booking class, as reflected on your ticket receipt.
Typically yes. But the paid offer for upgrade when I did it said I would get full credit for miles based on new class. But also since AS doesnít list a U class I wonder if I will get zero credit.
leland likes this.
Old Nov 25, 19, 7:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Conflipper View Post
Typically yes. But the paid offer for upgrade when I did it said I would get full credit for miles based on new class. But also since AS doesnít list a U class I wonder if I will get zero credit.
You would get original credit. If not, send them the booking information with the old fare class on it and they can figure it out.
Old Nov 26, 19, 5:22 pm

Earlier this year I accepted an offer at online check-in on a BA flight for a paid upgrade from Club World to First. Similar to yours, this showed U as the selling class and I was afraid I would not receive any miles. The number of miles that eventually posted in my AS account matched the F earning chart for partner tickets on BA.
leland likes this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
To to OP, please let us know how this all turns out ^
Old Nov 26, 19, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Whoops, misread.

I will say when I upgraded from J->F on AA, I was given mileage credit based on the original fare bucket and not the new one or zero since it was A class.
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by senor hamachi View Post
Earlier this year I accepted an offer at online check-in on a BA flight for a paid upgrade from Club World to First. Similar to yours, this showed U as the selling class and I was afraid I would not receive any miles. The number of miles that eventually posted in my AS account matched the F earning chart for partner tickets on BA.

thank you! This is what I was looking for.
Old Dec 4, 19, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I wanted to close this out. I donít remember my exact original booking class it was somewhere in economy. Upon checkin on my flight down to RAK I was given a special offer to upgrade to Biz class for £99. So I did it. This was given me a U class ticket. Which clearly didnít matter in BA system. On the ticket I upgraded I was given full Biz class of service bonus on miles. You can see the difference down below.

missamo80, beckoa and Jma12 like this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:32 am

Programs: 75K AS, IHG
Do we think there's any difference here between App or Airport upgrade offers for AS here?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: