Bloody Mary Mix

Old Nov 20, 19, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Currently is: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA/Marriott/IHG Plat, Hilton Gold # Used to be: AC Super Elite
Bloody Mary Mix

Did a search and couldn't find any other threads to attach to, so I guess I'll start a thread about this VERY IMPORTANT topic

Flew AS1907 LAS-SFO in F today and to my utter horror, the FA was pouring Mr and Mrs T bloody mary mix from a can!!!!

I asked the FA about it, and apparently, the beverage cart was changed earlier this year to replace the old boxed bloody mary mix with the canned ones.

I'm just super curious - did I just get super unlucky with this flight? Have other FT'ers noticed this change? What are peoples' thoughts? Why am I the only one outraged at this?
Old Nov 20, 19, 10:36 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Nope, you are not alone and this new mix is just very, very average compared to the great stuff they poured before!
Old Nov 20, 19, 11:02 pm

Programs: AS, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Previous thread:

Bloody Mary mix

I've look since then and never seen Dimitris in a store. Or Wicked, but not surprising as Orchard Splash seems to be a food service brand. I used to like drinking the mix virgin on the rocks.
Old Nov 20, 19, 11:49 pm

Last night, I ordered one and it was poured from a can.
Old Nov 21, 19, 4:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Then I guess you haven't seen the sparkling wine flowing out of a can either!
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:30 am

bummer!
Old Nov 22, 19, 11:04 am

Programs: Alaska GMVP, AA MM, BA Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I agree. The can mix is not as spicy/good as the old carton mix.
be_rettSEA, Buster and 91foxbody like this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Then I guess you haven't seen the sparkling wine flowing out of a can either!
Another move by AS to “cheapen” on board experience. They keep cutting corners and lowering the quality of products used . Same with AS Lounge offerings, always disappointed with what has disappeared from food offerings.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
Another move by AS to “cheapen” on board experience. They keep cutting corners and lowering the quality of products used . Same with AS Lounge offerings, always disappointed with what has disappeared from food offerings.
Actually, not in this case. While it comes from a can, the House Wine sparkling wine is still better than the Salmon Creek sparkling wine it replaced that came in a bottle. Additionally, because it’s in a can they are able to board more so that they don’t run out AND there’s enough also to do the elusive PDB that you sometimes get and sometimes don’t.
Old Nov 24, 19, 12:18 pm

The move to cans, starting with beer than moving to other beverages, is about more efficient storage and better recycling. There is little to no ability to recycle glass or paper packaging at this time while aluminum cans remain highly recyclable.

I would expect wine to be the only non-canned product at some point in the future.
Old Nov 24, 19, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AS Flyer View Post
Actually, not in this case. While it comes from a can, the House Wine sparkling wine is still better than the Salmon Creek sparkling wine it replaced that came in a bottle. Additionally, because it’s in a can they are able to board more so that they don’t run out AND there’s enough also to do the elusive PDB that you sometimes get and sometimes don’t.
Salmon Creek is dreck. Not only is it the "Two Buck Chuck" of the bubbles world, it is manufactured by the same place. And I do mean manufactured. The Salmon Creek line is designed for food service only, so you will rarely see it for retail sale. On purpose.

Send me a can! Hold the Bloody Mary Mix! (I did have to get this post back on topic, no?)
pcoll and AS Flyer like this.
Old Nov 25, 19, 3:39 pm

Actually the Wicked doesn't seem to be available, and if you read the comments on the order page it seems Alaska may have been the only customer as most of the people seem to have come looking for it after an Alaska flight.
Old Nov 25, 19, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Originally Posted by johnp012001 View Post
Actually the Wicked doesn't seem to be available, and if you read the comments on the order page it seems Alaska may have been the only customer as most of the people seem to have come looking for it after an Alaska flight.
https://outforbloodies.com/2014/07/1...oody-mary-mix/

Apparently they do/did have other institutional customers but it was AS passenger requests that got them to sell direct.
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Currently is: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA/Marriott/IHG Plat, Hilton Gold # Used to be: AC Super Elite
So sad, got a bland generic response from AS

Dear maradori,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent flight from Las Vegas to San Francisco.

At Alaska we believe it is the high level of service we provide that truly sets us apart. We use comments from our guests to shape the future of our company and truly value feedback such as you have provided. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great flight and flight attendants, and that you enjoyed the new First Class seating.

We appreciate your suggestion about bringing back the old Bloody Mary mix. I'm sorry that you are disappointed in the current mix and I want to assure you that we value your comments and I have taken the liberty of sharing them to our Food and Beverage Department.

As always, thank you for choosing Alaska Airlines.

Sincerely,
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:35 pm

They serve Mr & Mrs. T cans since early 2019 and they always gave me whole can. I personally like the taste. However, normal supermarkets did not sell it as a can.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: