Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS offering to “sell” me Gold status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chrisl137
I haven't seen a booth, but I've heard them announcing it and lining people to sign up at the gate before boarding a few times.

It doesn't work for flights out of PDX or SEA though - it's only for hubs in CA to the east coast.
Correct, and the bonus is RDM only. It doesn't help in EQM for Elite qualification.

James
Erasmus likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:11 am

My last flight from SFO to NYC, there was an announcement at the Gate before boarding encouraging everyone who hasn't already to sign up for the double miles promo. It was surprising how many hadn't signed up, and everyone was pretty excited at the prospect of receiving double miles, especially seeing it post almost immediately after touchdown.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
My last flight from SFO to NYC, there was an announcement at the Gate before boarding encouraging everyone who hasn't already to sign up for the double miles promo. It was surprising how many hadn't signed up, and everyone was pretty excited at the prospect of receiving double miles, especially seeing it post almost immediately after touchdown.
If you're a MVPG or higher you get about enough miles from a one-way transcon for a one-way ticket up or down the pacific coast. So it's a very good deal if you have status, and nothing to sneeze at if you don't.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by diver858
Book a transcon that earns double miles.
It's only double redeemable miles; they don't count for status.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Erasmus
It's only double redeemable miles; they don't count for status.
Yes, but if you are doing a MR, the spend on a transcon is MUCH more valuable.
jjmadison likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.