Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

EQMs booking first upgrade fare with gold 75k

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold

If I book a Sfo To Jfk first upgradeable fare with a gold 75k upgrade (confirmed at time of booking) what is the eqms earned for the flight? 100% (main cabin) or 175% (first)? Or somewhere in between?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:37 am

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
100%. You only earn 175% on a paid F fare.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, VX Gold, VS Gold, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold
Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I’ll need to book F for the EQMs I need to requalify!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
What's the fare class? M and B get a 25% bonus, S and Y get a 50% bonus. All of those fares are eligible for F upgrades at the time of booking for 75Ks, however, they are often more expensive than P/I fares.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
What's the fare class? M and B get a 25% bonus, S and Y get a 50% bonus. All of those fares are eligible for F upgrades at the time of booking for 75Ks, however, they are often more expensive than P/I fares.
i was trying to find where on the website it lists the bonus for these higher fares. Can you post a link? Also, if I use a customer care discount code, I still earn EQM bonus right?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1
i was trying to find where on the website it lists the bonus for these higher fares. Can you post a link? Also, if I use a customer care discount code, I still earn EQM bonus right?
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits

Scroll down to "flight benefits" and expand using the drop-down arrow.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:27 pm

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits

Scroll down to "flight benefits" and expand using the drop-down arrow.
Oh, I meant where it says you get 50% bonus and 25% bonus for certain economy fares.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by ASA_1
Oh, I meant where it says you get 50% bonus and 25% bonus for certain economy fares.
My bad. That's here:https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...earn-on-alaska
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:49 pm

Awesome! I just realized my upcoming flt will get me 25% bonus (M fare) which will get me 75k for the year!
NoLaGent, be_rettSEA and williwaw like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Even as a 75K, you can still choose MVPG instant upgrade in the booking options to show M or higher fares. Same with selecting MVP instant upgrade to book S or higher.

Note that there's restrictions in the booking engine that won't allow more than 1 person on a reservation when using the MVP instant upgrade option or more than 2 people with the MVPG instant upgrade option. Can always book a Main Cabin fare and upfare with an agent after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.