FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   New Routes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1995241-new-routes.html)

PaperGlider Nov 12, 2019 3:33 pm

New Routes

3 Attachment(s)
Corporate bathwater is on tap. "New routes launched in the past six months" is really 12 out of 14 routes that have yet to start! :)

I am posting this because it maybe helpful to know how you may plan your future travels (if missed the news release).

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/new-flights

jrl767 Nov 12, 2019 6:59 pm

I find it amusing that they trumpet SFO-PHX when it generally goes away after spring training ends in late March / early April

Eurynom0s Nov 12, 2019 7:03 pm

����������

[edit] That was supposed to be the sleep/zzz emoji.

Flying for Fun Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 31730742)
I find it amusing that they trumpet SFO-PHX when it generally goes away after spring training ends in late March / early April

SFO-PHX is going year round.

James

tusphotog Nov 13, 2019 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 31730793)
SFO-PHX is going year round.

James

Took them long enough.

formeraa Nov 14, 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 31735084)
Took them long enough.

But do you really think that AS will be able to make a dent in SFO-PHX with AA, WN, and UA in that market?

tusphotog Nov 14, 2019 10:16 am

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 31736526)
But do you really think that AS will be able to make a dent in SFO-PHX with AA, WN, and UA in that market?

Doubt it, but who knows. Wouldn't surprise me if they drop it or make it an E175 route in a year or two considering their accountants don't seem to like letting new routes develop. I'll fly it as long as it runs. Besides for the winter I'll just plan that the flight will operate to SJC or OAK and plan accordingly. ;)

sltlyamusd Nov 14, 2019 10:17 am

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, several of these routes were flown some years ago (e.g. lax-boi, lax-geg, sfo-anc, sjc-pvr) and are simply being reinstated.

navydevildoc Nov 14, 2019 10:39 am

Nice to see Redmond/Bend - SAN making an appearance. Still kind of solidifying SAN as an E75 hub.

jrl767 Nov 14, 2019 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd (Post 31736604)
Also, as mentioned elsewhere, several of these routes were flown some years ago (e.g. lax-boi, lax-geg, sfo-anc, sjc-pvr) and are simply being reinstated.

in my case, "some years ago" for LAX-BOI was 2006 (on a Q400)

ASeverywhere Nov 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 31736526)

Don’t worry...they’ll take it away in six months if they can’t. 😂😂😂

jiburi Nov 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Darn, I was hoping for a thread on a new city....nothing new here......

Jiburi

ASeverywhere Nov 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi (Post 31737625)
Darn, I was hoping for a thread on a new city....nothing new here......

You might have to wait for a while. On the last earnings conference call, Tilden said that he wanted organic growth over the next few years in “existing markets”.

beckoa Nov 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by ASeverywhere (Post 31738723)
You might have to wait for a while. On the last earnings conference call, Tilden said that he wanted organic growth over the next few years in “existing markets”.

Well boo...

AS does need to start delivery of some new aircraft <cough max cough> before much growth is possible...

I actually just booked PHX-SFO continuing to KOA the next day. Wanted to catch that route whilst it existed.

wolfpacktrojan Nov 15, 2019 10:18 am

Not sure about the long term viability of the route, but I was thinking about taking a trip on Amtrak from San Diego to San Luis Obispo to go wine tasting, so I'm glad the SAN-SBP route was launched.

UCSD is joining the Big West Conference in NCAA Division 1, of which Cal Poly SLO is a member, as of July 1st 2020, so their athletic teams may be able to utilize this route. That should help fill the plane on occasion.