Pricing from PDX-BZN

Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
And purchasing an F fare will also give you access to the Alaska Lounge in Portland too. Daypasses otherwise are $50 so something else to consider.

James
That would be a consideration but I've just noticed the flight has been brought forward to 07.45 which is a pain.
Still, more time in Yellowstone!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374
as others have sais..these just got loaded...give it time to price adjust.

In mid sept you have flight changes where it isnt as frequent as in August.

Also for your visit pay attention to yellowstone road closures that would occur in sept/ in 2020 Tower-Canyon will be closed. Others could be closed for road work too.

Also look at airfare+car rental costs between BZN and other montana airports like Billings or Helena.
Thanks for the heads up re road closures. Fortunately we drove Tower-Canyon on our last visit!
We will be driving to Denver. I can generally get good deals with Avis through BA but I'll have a look.

Last edited by chrismk; Oct 30, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Managed to get 2 seats in First @ $149 so very pleased with that!
Thank you to everyone for their advice.

Looking forward to it - it will make a change from 747's and A380's
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Snag 2A and 3A if you can. Normally I'd choose two seats together when traveling with my wife, but on a route like that, both being able to look out the window is just wonderful.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:36 am
Original Poster

My wife enjoys her aisle seat - occasionally I will point something out and she will tentatively lean over!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Wonderful. I happened to check what the prices were now, purely out of interest, only to discover:
Flight has been put back 7 hours.
Different aircraft.
No First.

No email notification.
And I have to ring them to make any changes (understandable I suppose).
Already wasted 3.00 on phone charges holding (phoned around 13.00 UTC).

Today was supposed to be relaxing!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by chrismk
Wonderful. I happened to check what the prices were now, purely out of interest, only to discover:
Flight has been put back 7 hours.
Different aircraft.
No First.

No email notification.
And I have to ring them to make any changes (understandable I suppose).
Already wasted 3.00 on phone charges holding (phoned around 13.00 UTC).

Today was supposed to be relaxing!
I think most people will continue to advise you to wait and relax a bit.

Schedule changes happen
equipment swaps happen.

Alaska will notify you of both.

So, instead of letting this cause you stress - ignore it for now, it will all work out in the next few weeks and months leading up to your trip. You dont need to obsess about it daily or check it weekly.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

I was also looking up the details by chance to check a car hire booking!
I've already decided to wait until much nearer the time or when I actually get a notification about the changes.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
I was also looking up the details by chance to check a car hire booking!
I've already decided to wait until much nearer the time or when I actually get a notification about the changes.

Happy New Year!
September of 2020? It'll change at least 3 more times before then.

fyi, you don't even need to ring AS, it eventually auto-accepts if you don't touch it.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2020, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Finally got round to ringing Alaska yesterday and was surprised to discover we had been placed on a connecting flight to Seattle in order to maintain our First Class booking!
I pointed out that a 2 hour direct flight in Coach was preferable to a 6 hour total journey in First and accordingly we were switched to a direct flight in Coach with the difference being refunded.
Or at least that is what I thought had happened.
A few minutes after the call I received 2 credit certificates with their associated PINS.

Of course, it is quite likely that we will not be flying at all and I established that if that was the case we would be issued with a voucher valid until May 31 2022 (impressive!).
However, the credit certificates expire this August so are useless.

Is it possible to request a cash refund rather than have the certificates?
Old May 14, 2020, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Finally got round to ringing Alaska yesterday and was surprised to discover we had been placed on a connecting flight to Seattle in order to maintain our First Class booking!
I pointed out that a 2 hour direct flight in Coach was preferable to a 6 hour total journey in First and accordingly we were switched to a direct flight in Coach with the difference being refunded.
A few minutes after the call I received 2 credit certificates with their associated PINS.

Of course, it is quite likely that we will not be flying at all and I established that if that was the case we would be issued with a voucher valid until May 31 2022 (impressive!).

I think you can only get the refund if your flight was actually cancelled. BZN is one of those places that is already opened up (at least partially) and I think the plan for Yellowstone is to re-open sometime next month. I'm one of those weirdos that would choose 6 hours of first class flying with a connection (and lounge visit) in SEA vs. a 2 hour non-stop in Y....this is Flyertalk after all, right?
Old May 14, 2020, 8:32 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred

Changing your reservation from a non-stop to add that connecting flight qualifies as a schedule change in Rule 1 of the Contract of Carriage

1. A change in the routing of a scheduled Alaska flight which adds one (1) or more stops to the original itinerary; or
so since you were entitled to request a refund instead of a credit, the fare difference should have been refunded similarly imo. It just doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be. You could have received a full refund and then rebooked it yourself on the nonstop. Might have to call Customer Care to request it in place of the credit certificates.
Old May 15, 2020, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Changing your reservation from a non-stop to add that connecting flight qualifies as a schedule change in Rule 1 of the Contract of Carriage

so since you were entitled to request a refund instead of a credit, the fare difference should have been refunded similarly imo. It just doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be. You could have received a full refund and then rebooked it yourself on the nonstop. Might have to call Customer Care to request it in place of the credit certificates.
Thank you!
I will contact them and request a refund.

Edit: Sorted!

Last edited by chrismk; May 17, 2020 at 11:24 am Reason: Update

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.