Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile check-in button glitch

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
Mobile check-in button glitch

I received the latest iPhone update today and later in the day, when trying to check-in for tomorrow's flight after the 24-hour mark, nothing I did (page refresh, going to accounts to sync my trips, etc.) would make the check-in button active on the flight screen. I finally ended up going to the "More" screen, chose the check-in option, entered the confirmation code, and I was able to check in with no problem.

Even after doing that, the check-in button on the actual flight screen still isn't active, even though the boarding pass button now is (since it issued a boarding pass through the backdoor approach). Weird.

A little gremlin in the system after this last update?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
I just checked in on my i-Phone for a trip tomorrow and no issues. A friend who is coming along at first said that the "check-in" button was not active, but after refreshing the phone, it popped up and was able to check in. I have found in the past that occasionally the check in button doesn't light up immediately, but if I wait for a minute, it does. Maybe a glitch.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
Yes, the check-in button sometimes doesn't come up right away, but it usually does after a very short time. I'm at more than 30 minutes past T-24......I've never seen that.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Red L
I received the latest iPhone update today and later in the day, when trying to check-in for tomorrow's flight after the 24-hour mark, nothing I did (page refresh, going to accounts to sync my trips, etc.) would make the check-in button active on the flight screen. I finally ended up going to the "More" screen, chose the check-in option, entered the confirmation code, and I was able to check in with no problem.

Even after doing that, the check-in button on the actual flight screen still isn't active, even though the boarding pass button now is (since it issued a boarding pass through the backdoor approach). Weird.

A little gremlin in the system after this last update?
I am in the exact same situation; updated earlier this afternoon and the option to check in has not appeared in the app. I was able to successfully check in using a browser but the button remains unavailable in the app.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Tried to check in on app, the button wont show up. Was able to check in online, however, it is not showing my known traveler number. Had to re-check in online and manually enter the KTN.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Bonvoy Titanium, NEXUS
Same here. Got notification at 7:40am that I can check in, button still not active at 9:20am.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Was able to check in this morning on Android at exactly T-24, so if there is a bug it might be exclusive to the iOS version.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Tried to check in on app, the button wont show up. Was able to check in online, however, it is not showing my known traveler number. Had to re-check in online and manually enter the KTN.
So after four hours of the button not illuminating, I restarted my i-phone, and everything started working again!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Unfortunately, when making a new reservation, Passport & KTN information not being populated from your profile isn't uncommon. It seems to go in waves for me.

James.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
So after four hours of the button not illuminating, I restarted my i-phone, and everything started working again!
My button illuminated again around 4pm EDT this afternoon. Hopefully the problem is resolved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.